• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

im getting a new gun but what to get???

i don't know what i want??? i got $650 to spend don't care if its new or used.

i want a varmit or asult but i have also thought about a 300 ultra mag (hard to find in that price would love to have a 204 ruger but there way big $$$$ and bullets are big $$$ too.

i have also thought about a cheap $200 9mm rifle ( i have over 1000 rounds of 9mm at home)

talk me into a gun please!!!! i can't do it alone!!!

main thing it will be used for is sitting on my porch hitting p dogs. i have got every p dog i can reach with my 22 so i need better range now!!!

but at the same time i would like a better elk gun, right now i have a 7mm for all my hunting.

Last edited:
CZ-452 rifle, has to be one of the most accurate rimfires out of the box, 17 HMR would stretch the range to 200+, plus being a rimfire it's a bit cheaper to shoot. CZ also makes a very accurate centerfire varmint rifle, but it's hard to go against a Rem. 700. You can get into a 700 SPS Varmint for around $500 now! Great accurate out of the box rifle and when you get bored, the sky is the limit for the after market industry with the 700 action.

17mm i was told are not good in the wind so i have not looked at them at all

if i get a 223 it will have to have a pistal grip and a clip!!!

any one know any thing about a AK Type .308 Saiga 21.8 in Rifle

Last edited:
If you want a 300 ultra i would go with a remington. I bought one this year and i have turned it into a 1000 yard gun out of the box. It was the sps stainless model. Im getting awesome accuracey with handloaded 200 grain noslers shooting 3200fps. Great gun. If your are going for a varmint gun go with a 22-250 or 220 swift. I love my 17hmr but if the wind is blowing they arent worth a darn. Thats just my .02c.:beer;:beer;

I have the $200 9mm and it's actually the gun I grab most often just for plinking or varmint shooting, I thoroughly enjoy shooting it. It's very accurate out to about 100 yards, and I can keep 10 slugs on a 8' paper plate at 150, but it's pretty worthless beyond that. It's very cheap to shoot, and reliable I have never had a ftf/fte in over 3000 rounds, and I never worry about dinging it up like I do my "nice" guns. I had put an ATI stock on it so that it wasn't so butt ugly though, because it was butt ugly.

It's by far not the best gun out there, but's IMO it's worth every bit of the price they go for.

Hi Point 995:

19932d1237745693-sighting-red-dot-s.jpg

snowbunny

are you talking about the guys out of orofino that build canyon guns or something like that?

I was just given a .357 mag single shot rifle. I am not sure what to do with it besides plink.

tim

thanks for all the help!!!! after hours looking reading on the net . pretty sure im going to go with the 9mm rifle and a AK Type .308 Saiga 21.8 in Rifle.

im going to wait a year or so on the ultra, still want to do the long shots but i need to get way better at the close ones first!!!!

Contact Daves Accuracy in Billings. Discuss it with him. He will make it for you. I am looking at a hand made 220 swift, Bull barrel with a brake on it. The reason for the brake is looks and also a little extra weight on the end.

Premium Features

Back