• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice buildup under QD Pro Rmk

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Usually doesn’t bother during the day for me. I tap the belly pan under it in the morning with a rubber mallet, that’s worked fine so far

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
This is how big the gap was on my 2020 new. I'm shining a flashlight from under the sled towards the QD to help you visualize how big the gap is. When Ice builds up bad it does cut into the outside of the QD belt. IMG_8228.jpg

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
This is how big the gap was on my 2020 new. I'm shining a flashlight from under the sled towards the QD to help you visualize how big the gap is. When Ice builds up bad it does cut into the outside of the QD belt. View attachment 336652

I always put a WRP drive protector under there so I guess I don't get that issue.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
When I see ice or snow under the lower pulley I like to clean it out before the next ride. I'm a little paranoid that it could break loose and possibly jump between the sprocket and the drive belt and destroy the belt and or driveshaft.

Premium Features