• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice box

C

catmanm7

Has anybody thought of doing this? Pros and cons. Would it weigh more then a/w intercooler? The nose cone is a perfect place to stash snow and some how cool the charge tube as it passes through...

Edit* I looked at it some more, and didnt realize you still use your water intercooler plumbed in.

Im just looking at easier ways to have a/w then plumbing another cooler under the tunnel. Topic may be worth the discussion though.

Last edited:
I did the stand alone cooler in the tunnel last year and my friend did the tie into the stock cooling system. We both ran the same water to air intercooler and for the work and extra weight I had, it wasn't worth it. This year I tied into the stock cooling system also. All you need is an intercooler, pump and two tee fittings for taping into the stock cooling system.

I appreciate the feedback. Ill try that before putting a seperate cooler in. Do you know what intake temps or water temps you were running?

I did the stand alone cooler in the tunnel last
year and my friend did the tie into the stock cooling system. We both ran the same water to air intercooler and for the work and extra weight I had, it wasn't worth it. This year I tied into the stock cooling system also. All you need is an intercooler, pump and two tee fittings for taping into the stock cooling system.

It's hard to compare other than WOT up a hill and compare at the top. I would range from 40-120 and he would range from 80-130. The stand alone starts much cooler but will still end up over 100 degrees on a long pull. The tied in system starts hotter especially if going down a trail but doesn't do much worse than the stand alone up on the high end. So far with one ride on my 13 I am running between 80 -115 but I am only running 6 psi so far. The other numbers are from running 8-10 psi. Hope that helps. Frozen Boost is where we bought all our coolers.

Premium Features

Back