• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I think I love my new XP......

S

Sako7STW

Well a few weeks back I pulled the trigger on a new 09 XP Everest 163" 800. The other sled in my garage is a old school modded 925 Triple Poo-Doo as I call it. Very fast sled when it is having a good day. I just decided it was time to give new technology a try and with the buys out there right now, I just could not resist anymore. Plus I was tired of getting left out of trips with my friends because I was not up to their riding standard's with the OL' Poo-Doo.....JK but you do know who you are ;)

I looked at all the makes out there. I was pretty convinced I wanted a Yammy and their MONSTER HP when boosted but decided I wanted try the lightweight route like I did on quads and haven't regretted since. I just could not get comfortable on the Cats. LOVE the looks of them but it just didnt feel right for me. The Polaris was my next choice and I still feel the D8 is an excellent sled and it was right down to the hour when i finally decided to save the $800 and get the XP. I was very nervous about the XP thanks to all the horror stories I have read on here about the 08's. Then the deal was out there I just could not turn down, and am still in shock I got, so I pulled trigger. I wont say so don't ask. All I can say is Clair Martin and Mitch from the local dealer here in Evanston DEMOLISHED any deal I seen elsewhere.

On my first trip out with the bad boy being 100% stock I was in 2-3.5' of fresh fluffy powpow. It was the riding dreams are made of and the XP made it that much better. I have never laid a sled on it's side with the ski in the air and just carve like a hot knife in butter, but I did that day. I was side hilling, carving a deep trench on a steep hill and thought I would really see what i could do with it. I leaned harder into the hill and pulled up and back hard and the sled turned 90 deg. and headed straight up faster than I thought possible. My buddy that I was riding with was on a 600 XP 146"? and is one incredible rider, said it was fookin bad ace how well I did that. I was already gleaming from the fact I was busting trail for him on the hills but that was enough to get me almost as excited as my FIRST time....yes...I mean THAT first time :face-icon-small-coo . This day was the hardest I have ever rode and i expected to feel like I was going to need an emergency room the day as I was going to be sore, really sore. NOPE, barely even tired, I am still amazed by the difference.

Over this past weekend my family, my bro and his wife, and my inlaws all went riding for 2 days (Yes Jed that's why i didn't make fairview). We again had some good 1.5-2' of fresh although it was a heavier, wetter snow that was still amazing. We did allot of digging my bro and his wife out on their XP 600 146" rental sleds as they haven't rode much. Riding for me was much like the first trip out. I tried pushing myself to try harder and harder maneuvers I wouldn't have thought about before and yep I ate my share of snow that day but I wasnt holding back accept on the big hills as avy danger was very high. The coolest part of the trip was when my bro decided to give mine a try. He went through a small dip and when he came out of it he hit the gas and the front end came right up (as it does for me easily) and he whellied it on out. He rode over to me and i havent seen him that excited over anything in YEARS! His exact words were " Holy Sheit that was f'n amazing, I have got to get me one of these!" :D :beer;

To think, I have $2100 in goodies waiting for the sled in Clair's shop going on next week. Man I cant wait! As for the whole the sled cant make the rider better BS.....WRONG! I may have had the ability all along but without this sled i wasn't able to do a third of what I already can on my XP!

My only complaints with the sled are I am not super impressed with the ski's and the hard steering from the ski pressure on the hard trails. I know I can make it better with some adjustments but I didnt have a spanner wrench to turn the adjusters on the shocks and stuff. After having my F.A.S.T. M10 on my other sled, the rear suspension is definitely lacking in comfort department on the trails. Hopefully with some adjustments, it will get better.

Sorry this is so long but I am really excited about this sled and I just had to share that excitement.

congrats on the new sled!!!! now quit making such long posts and go ride that thing!!!! hehehehe
again congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as excited as a little kid seeing a really big gift under the tree Christmas morning!

Glad you like your new Caddy !

do you miss the HP?

Last edited:
Glad you like it. Don't worry about setting it up for trails. Keep it set up for the powder where it belongs and thrives. Might I suggest that you just find a way to your playgrounds through the trees? I very rarely ride the trails anymore at all, plus tree riding hones your skill level and you will discover areas that you never even knew about.

AK- Yah I will miss the HP but the lighter weight seams to have really helped lesson the effect. I will be adding some HP but I want to keep her reliable.

PJ- I hear what you are saying. The trees are ok for a change here and there but I am more into the open riding and deep deep powder. the reason trail comfort is important to me is I do alot of trail riding. I have a 9 yr. old daughter that rides with me and I am usually always with family that cant do all of the hard back country riding. Dont get me wrong tho, my wife and my FIL are kick arse riders! So I have to set my sled up for a good balance between both worlds.

I TOLD YOU SO!
You didnt miss much in Fairview, sept the 2 feet of fresh......:D

I have 200 miles on my new XP.... and I feel pretty much the same except,
I DO LOVE MY NEW XP!!! NO question

never so happy with my 09 xp 850miles never going to jump ship. hopefully they make them even better in the years to come.one bad @** sled in stock forum:D

Good for you, glad to hear your happy with it. I love a new sled, but with all the horror stories of belts and cluthces im a bit hessitant... Mabey an 07...

We have tried to blow a belt.....with proper alignment and setup it is almost impossible.

Depends what you weigh. I weigh 230 neked:eek:. The stock X shocks are maybe good for someone 170 IMO. I put in the hvy rear springs and it was just a bandaid. I sent mine to fett bros and they revalved them , stage 2. Now my ski springs are set on 3 and dont bottom , before they were on 5 and bottomed on slow rollers. Mt center shok acted the same as the ski shox. Now on the rear i think it would do about the same. But Instead of doing it I added yje shock off the hillclimb summit. $$$ but the adjustment is GREAT. On the stok srear Id set the spring on 2 and it would be too stiff and kick back in bumps ,and sucked in bumpy climbs. If i set it on 1 it would bottom on slow rollers. Now my sled rides fantastic and works way better during climbs. Best thing ive done so far , winter brews kit close 2nd. sj

Premium Features

Back