• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I have a BIG problem with SHR...

B
Feb 19, 2011
So, I sent this guy up in Minnesota my damaged (stock ring locator pin broke) cylinders, head, and carbs. He sends me the stuff back , bored out with beautiful port work, bored carbs, vf3's, pistons, rkt head, gaskets, jetting, and a set up sheet.

..this is where it gets good..
I put it all together per Johns instructions, clutched it per Johns reccomendation, and now, I have a SEVERE case of permagrin, and my arms are so worked from hanging on to this sled this weekend that I could hardly perform my tasks at work yesterday, im now afraid i may have this problem every time i take this sled out........ just WHO DOES THIS GUY THINK HE IS??!!! :lol:

Big thanks goes out to John and his crew, this 860 absolutly rips, snappy, pulls your arms out, nails 8200 everytime on the hill in the fluff, starts better than ever, and is simply the most fun engine that ive had the pleasure of hitting the flipper on. This engine moves some serious fuel and air! kept getting asked whos turbo kit I was running by some fellow riders lol! modded stock y pipe and stock pipe/can. its a boondockers dream, instant rpms, instant track speed.

Followed his reccomendations and it runs perfectly, jetting and clutching, I couldnt be happier. Getting looser with each tank, just gets better and better. To those considering a BB, give SHR a call, his work delivers, period.

thanks again John :beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

Last edited:
H

heilmanz

Sep 6, 2010
I have on of his 880's and I have to agree. I have around 300 miles on now and it is running perfect. He is always ready to anwer questions eventhought he is very busy.

Reactions: 970SnowSlayer

fc8464

Lifetime Membership
Nov 18, 2010
Fairbanks, Alaska 99725
SHR880 costing me a fortune

This is my first post on the forums. Big Johns 880 has so much torque I am having to upgrade my rear suspesion to a K-mod 156 just to keep the sled from fliping over back wards whe I pin it off on the lake. The new 156 x 3 inch track is going to cost me another Grand. Darn you Big John!!

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
This is my first post on the forums. Big Johns 880 has so much torque I am having to upgrade my rear suspesion to a K-mod 156 just to keep the sled from fliping over back wards whe I pin it off on the lake. The new 156 x 3 inch track is going to cost me another Grand. Darn you Big John!!

They are awesome engines but come on. This is unrealistic. Flipping over backward on a flat?

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
They are awesome engines but come on. This is unrealistic. Flipping over backward on a flat?

Old man's 880 flips over backward going downhill even w/ aftermarket rear skid. haha.

Chasing some clutch issues on 880 right now, but still extremely happy. Leaving a lot on the table and still works good. Self inflicted destruction of 860 and John really came through making the transition to 880.

Reactions: Scott
E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
BB

The big bore debate seems to be a intense, one needs to be honest when discussing them or things get out of control. Do you really need a coupled skid in order to put the power down or just want one?

P

pfi572

Nov 29, 2009
North West Alberta
I too have have to comment on the service that i received from SHR. :face-icon-small-hapHave ran the RKT 860 the 880 BMP and now the SHR 880 .
Porting has been done very well. I have only put a 30 miles on it so far .
Have to say that it pulls hard on the bottom but can't speak to loud until i get a few miles on it as haven't had a chance to get into the hills yet. (Dam work.)
In the next month we will see how it pulls.:face-icon-small-win

B
Feb 19, 2011
The big bore debate seems to be a intense, one needs to be honest when discussing them or things get out of control. Do you really need a coupled skid in order to put the power down or just want one?

ed, no one was debating anything until you came into the thread. the intent if the thread is to give thanks and credit to shr for building an awesome engine package. if you want to debate skids or bb's then go start your own thread or post up in the 872 thread, but dont derail mine. thanks.

Reactions: t30mg and sledsrock

fc8464

Lifetime Membership
Nov 18, 2010
Fairbanks, Alaska 99725

Didnt mean to make light of an intense subject. Do I need a coupled skid? No. Did I need a BB? No. Its All part of the bigger is better concept, or maybe Iam just Trying to compensate:face-icon-small-sad. A BB ( any BB of your own flavor ) at sea level here in Alaska gets you full potential and 146 with 9 inch wheels and CE 2.5 gets a lot of Hook up that likes to wheelie. Just my opinon

revone

Premium Member
Dec 16, 2007
Big John is also one of the nicest guys that you will ever do business with. He is always there to answer any , and all questions, anytime.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Yup!

3rd season here on the ole jalopy SHR860, arms/shoulders/hands hurt after every weekend. Pulls hard.......this permagrin is really getting old!:face-icon-small-hap

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
if your tired of the permagrin...switch to the arse pucker..

:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap, actually I'm installing wheelie bars for the weekend, last ride out during a steep climb I hit a tree so hard it broke the ski and split the tree vertically, could not keep the front end down and I did not see the tree until it was too late. I'm still waiting for my warranty ski from BJ...lol.True story.

Reactions: m8magicandmystery
B
Feb 19, 2011
and I have a 146, you can imagine the wheelie problem I have. worst problem EVER. that big john sure is an a-hole for causing peeps problems like that ;)

I wish camoplast made a CE 146 3", then I could shave more weight by getting rid of the skis, , spindles, and hell, why not the whole front suspension? who needs it when it never touches the ground :D ...where do you get some of them there wheelie bars yous talkin bout?

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap, actually I'm installing wheelie bars for the weekend, last ride out during a steep climb I hit a tree so hard it broke the ski and split the tree vertically, could not keep the front end down and I did not see the tree until it was too late. I'm still waiting for my warranty ski from BJ...lol.True story.
Better not ta broke my a arm with a stunt like that!"

G
Dec 1, 2007
Minnesota
LETS KEEP THIS SIMPLE AND TRUE!

MY 860 IS 300 MILES OLD. IT RUNS HARDER AND BETTER EVERTIME OUT! STILL FINE TUNING JETTING, PIN, AND CARB SCREWS. I BELIEVE MORE HP WILL BE FOUND.
BOY, I WONDER WHAT THE 880 IS LIKE???????

GREAT JOB BIG JOHN!

Reactions: sledsrock
S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
sorry sleds rock got ya confused with sledsrockcolorado. Ur probably wonderin what the heck my problem was. Lol carry on....I'll be ok

Haha Dan, same guy on this end....lol. ....and NO I didn't hurt your beautiful a-arms, just my pride and my wrists...lol.

Premium Features