• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HPS silencer can? Other can recommendations?

H
Jun 30, 2019
St Anthony, Idaho
Hey guys I upgraded this year and got a 2020 Polaris 850 and pretty much leaving it stock. I’ve already put about 200 miles on it so far and I’m loving how quiet it it. I didn’t think I’d like it quiet but I love it. I was looking at silencer cans i am deciding between HPS, diamond S, or just leave it stock. I want it quiet but to sound good. If you could give me feedback on the HPS it would help a lot. Thanks. I also want to go HPS because they are close and could have one by the weekend.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I really liked the Skinz Ultra-Q on my Pro when I had it. If you like the quieter ride (which I do too), but throaty and not tinny, that was my pick in that chassis. Buy a "trail can" in any case if you want it quieter...

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
Hey guys I upgraded this year and got a 2020 Polaris 850 and pretty much leaving it stock. I’ve already put about 200 miles on it so far and I’m loving how quiet it it. I didn’t think I’d like it quiet but I love it. I was looking at silencer cans i am deciding between HPS, diamond S, or just leave it stock. I want it quiet but to sound good. If you could give me feedback on the HPS it would help a lot. Thanks. I also want to go HPS because they are close and could have one by the weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: Killer Time Racing

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
I have The HPS on my 2020 850 it sounds awesome barely louder then stock. Had a SLP on my 2019 850 I like the sound of the HPS better.

D
Dec 4, 2010
I have the Skinz Super-Q, definitely has more throat than stock but not obnoxious. I would classify it as somewhere between a trail and a race can.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
I've got the SLP cooker can on my '19, it's a pretty nice tone, not TOO MUCH louder than stock, but it is louder for sure.
The best I've ever had, is probably the Diamond S quiet can on my Axys. Super impressed with the weight, and sound quality.
Definite drawback for me in Canada was for sure the price, was almost a thousand smackers after currency conversion, shipping and duty etc.

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
The GGB quiet can works great and good price.
For those running The HPS, what kind of conditions and altitude do you run?

900polman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ft Bridger WY
Hps on two 2020 850s . They sound great, not to loud and hold up great. I've been running them since 2012 on my Polaris's. 7500 to 11000 , they work great. The best part is each new gen of the hps can has got quieter and still light.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Check with hps if you’ll have to change clutch weight. I had to in my 2017 to prevent bogging in deep snow.

I have the slp on my 20’ and like the sound; just a little louder than stock.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I put hps on good for weight loss but sled was slower in back to back runs so i have one for sale.

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Anyone running the SLP pic-nic Can, on a 850 PRO? have you had any running issues? I am not looking to change clutching just to put a can on, would like to run a cooker but do not want to run one of the real loud Cans, Trail or quiet can ok.

Last edited:
Premium Features