• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hows the snow

A

AK HooligaN

Feb 15, 2008
thinking about going up this weekend, just wondering if anyones got a snow report. thanks

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
It MIGHT help a little to be more specific as to where you intend to ride. Otherwise, this is Alaska. There's snow. Go ride it.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Eureka is no good. Drove through there Sunday and the only thing is might be ok for is trail riding, and I don't think many of us around here do a lot of trail riding...maybe a foot or so of snow at the roadhouse

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Eureka is no good. Drove through there Sunday and the only thing is might be ok for is trail riding, and I don't think many of us around here do a lot of trail riding...maybe a foot or so of snow at the roadhouse

Eureka has great snow if you get up in the hills...been there the last 3 weekends and been having a blast....little o.JPGit is a little firm on the tops but all the valleys are loaded..........

Dec 3, 2007
Eureka's pretty crummy

Rode Saturday,,, some snow but thin, and stiff on top and soft below. Rode the road house side back to Monument. Great for mileage but not so godd if u want the deep stuff.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I have ridden both the north and south side for the last 4 weeks..both sides are great snow...but you must get into the bigger hills...over 4000 ft....I agree from the road back to monument is pretty lousy..but get higher and you will have a blast....the pics above were from this past sunday up by horsepasture....

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
I have ridden both the north and south side for the last 4 weeks..both sides are great snow...but you must get into the bigger hills...over 4000 ft....I agree from the road back to monument is pretty lousy..but get higher and you will have a blast....the pics above were from this past sunday up by horsepasture....

I have never been back that far, How much fuel do you need to get back to horsepasture? I think about trying it out this weekend.

Jason

A

AK HooligaN

Feb 15, 2008
past monument

is horsepasture past monument down over the river by the track hoe? do you know how the snow is back in that area?

Premium Features