• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

154" Tracks hanging off a 7' deck.

A
Jan 15, 2024
Lower Mainland
Hey guys,

Just wondering if this looks sketchy to you?

I just got a limitless deck for my ram 2500, and Im a little concerned about the overhang and how little of the track makes contact with the deck.

I already ordered the clip on extensions, but i was hoping to do a trip up the sea to sky this weekend. the extensions might come in on time or they might not. Do you guys think this ok to drive or just wait for the extensions?

photo_2024-01-15_14-43-21.jpg

D

Daner1978

Nov 26, 2022
Cottonwood Heights Utah
Hey guys,

I just got a limitless deck for my ram 2500, and Im a little concerned about the overhang and how little of the track makes contact with the deck.

I already ordered the clip on extensions, but i was hoping to do a trip up the sea to sky this weekend. the extensions might come in on time or they might not. Do you guys think this ok to drive or just wait for the extensions?

View attachment 414581
I’ve ran two sleds on my Marlon, 7 foot deck for three years and never had an issue! You’ll be golden! Rock out with your track out! 🤘🤘🤘

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Hey guys,

View attachment 414581
Just lift your truck. Helps get the track out of the way😜I run 155’s on my 7’ Marlon and run a rear superclamp, no prob👍🏻

Seems a little sketch, but never enough to make me buy the Marlon extension. Had one on my 7’ truckboss, but only because it came with one.

D

Daner1978

Nov 26, 2022
Cottonwood Heights Utah
Just lift your truck. Helps get the track out of the way😜I run 155’s on my 7’ Marlon and run a rear superclamp, no prob👍🏻

Seems a little sketch, but never enough to make me buy the Marlon extension. Had one on my 7’ truckboss, but only because it came with one.
How do you make a rear super clamp work on a 7 foot deck? The rails don’t really work in the raised spot where you can use a super clamp.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
This is a mating call to other gay sledders
You must have first hand experience with that call then huh🤔🤨

I must clarify though, which part?

Lifted truck?
Lifted truck with 7’ sled deck?
Lifted truck with 7’ sled deck and 155?
Or all of the above with a rear super clamp affixed to said snow machine?

If any of that makes me gay, well I’m as happy as a pig is s&@t then. 🥳

IMG_4202.jpeg

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Your setup sez “voyeur“ or “same room JO.”
ya gotta have an import, 5’ box with a 175” to really love kak.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Why did it become the norm nowadays for sleddeck manufacturers to end the deck at the tailgate? They use to go a foot or more beyond. My SLM deck is older but I wouldn't sell it for a newer short one, built to last!

20240307_145042.jpg

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
They don’t stop at the tailgate, my Marlon is 6” past in the case if my short-bed superduty. They make a 7’ and 8’ deck. Most companies also have extensions that can make them 8.5’ or 9.5’ if you so desire.

All truck beds are slightly different lengths, so to keep it simple. All deck manufacturers use the same metrics, other wise there would be a butt ton of skus for different trucks and not to mention the used market would tank, because your old sled deck now will only fit another of your exact bed configuration.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
I bought my first 7' deck 3 years ago and thought the same thing, yet have never had an issue. The doos do seem to hang off a bit more than other manufactures though. I will say, on really rough logging roads I have seen my sleds start to slide back which is a little unnerving. No issues on pavement. Just keep an eye on things

IMG_8699.jpg

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
He should not run a sled deck period. It’s too short of a box. If he absolutely has to have one. Truck boss makes a 5’ with a 20” extension that folds down. That’s the route I’d go if I was him and had to have one.
And Swoosh as the joke goes over your head haha

Last edited:
Premium Features