• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to straighten the Front end of A Xp?

T
Mar 11, 2008
MN
Last Dec i was riding and hit a rock that was covered by snow on my 09 skidoo summitX Xp with 81 miles . The rock broke the upper and lower A-arms and the shock and sway bar.. it Didnt look to bad so when i got home i put all new A-arms on and a shock and took the sway bar out.. when i was done i put it out side and i noticed the side that i hit the rock with (left) it was about 1 1/2in back from the right side and the shock was not in the center of the A-arms.. Does anyone know how to fix this?? thanks

Jul 22, 2008
You're gonna have to change the S-Member, not too bad of a job. First time should take about 3-4 hours. Hardest part is drilling out the 12 large rivets that hold the steering pyramid to the shock towers, 6 on each side.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Front End

I would also check the cast reinforcing on either side of the motor that are part of the module e ( belly pan). I have replaced my module s (flying nun) twice and on one occasion the cast reinforcing was bowed. Rather then pull the motor to the replace the module e I took the cast reinforcement off of the new module e and replaced the damaged cast reinforcement with it. It is nice and straight....for now.

good luck

Nick

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
How hard is it to replace that long cast piece under the belly pan? It looks like the entire front end (a arms, shocks, etc) will need to come off. I smashed a tree end of last season and need to fix and check for other damage. Where are some of these other part you guys are replacing?

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
How hard is it to replace that long cast piece under the belly pan? It looks like the entire front end (a arms, shocks, etc) will need to come off. I smashed a tree end of last season and need to fix and check for other damage. Where are some of these other part you guys are replacing?

If you are talking about the cast piece that the lower a-arm attaches to that comes as part of the module s (flying nun). The module s is a pretty inexpensive part..under $200 bucks.

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
If you are talking about the cast piece that the lower a-arm attaches to that comes as part of the module s (flying nun). The module s is a pretty inexpensive part..under $200 bucks.

Yes, that is the part I am talking about. What else is attached to it? How much of a job is it to replace?

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
xp front end

Here is a link to the diagram. Item 4 is the cast piece you are talking about. Items 3 - 7 are the module s which includes the cast piece. I would recommend replacing the whole module s unless you are absolutely sure the only thing damaged is the cast component. replacing the module s (nun) is not a bad job compared to the rev chassis.

http://www.jaycoxpowersports.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/6/Ski-Doo.aspx

Yes, that is the part I am talking about. What else is attached to it? How much of a job is it to replace?

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
I could not find it on Jayco's page but I looked it up on BRP's page. Is this the part #518325924?

Here is a link to the diagram. Item 4 is the cast piece you are talking about. Items 3 - 7 are the module s which includes the cast piece. I would recommend replacing the whole module s unless you are absolutely sure the only thing damaged is the cast component. replacing the module s (nun) is not a bad job compared to the rev chassis.

http://www.jaycoxpowersports.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/6/Ski-Doo.aspx

Premium Features