• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how much boost can u run on a 07 M8 with 110

MikeM1000

Lifetime Membership
im buyin a 07 M8 turbo set up at 10# boost runnin straight 110 was curious how much boost could be run on 110. im gonna be riding 700-7000ft with most of it 3k-7k? new to turbo m's used to have a M1K but the kitten finally met its match it slayed many trees and stumps but a small 4" diameter snag destroyed the bulkhead and broke primary off crank..

so back to boost... any one got roundabout boost to octane needed, i know there are no gaurenteed numbers, just looking for ish

you will be safe at 12 lbs, and could try up to 14 if you watch your deto sensor, and pay attention to what is going on

go to cpc perfiemance web site, under instructions , look at stage 1 turbo install instructions, scrool down and you will see a chart that answers your question.

I currently have a 07 m8 twisted turbo. Last year I ran up to 14 pounds on vp111. This year I installed the boondocker timing retarder. I'm currently running 10 liters of vp 111 with the remainder being regular 91 octane @ 11 pounds. The sled runs way better with this current mix. I don't think I'll have issues pushing 12 pounds with the same ratio. I ride mostly revy.

One more important part I didn't mention above is that my head is cut to take a bit of compression out. Hope this helps!

Matt

but with the bd timming key isnt it like stealing from paul to give to peter, run more boost with retard timing , or less boost with advance timing, in the end wouldnt you end up with the same hp???

I currently have a 07 m8 twisted turbo. Last year I ran up to 14 pounds on vp111. This year I installed the boondocker timing retarder. I'm currently running 10 liters of vp 111 with the remainder being regular 91 octane @ 11 pounds. The sled runs way better with this current mix. I don't think I'll have issues pushing 12 pounds with the same ratio. I ride mostly revy.

One more important part I didn't mention above is that my head is cut to take a bit of compression out. Hope this helps!

Matt

Thanks Matt, curious about a few things.

Was the head cut last year too? I'm thinking, you are saying it was?

Had you ever run at 11psi with any mix last year?

When you say it runs way better, are you running more weight?..more RPM?.. better response?...What was the deciding factor that you like?

I'm thinking of stepping back the octane on my sled now and want to do it without getting my..........well you know..LOL

Thanks Matt, curious about a few things.

Was the head cut last year too? I'm thinking, you are saying it was?

Had you ever run at 11psi with any mix last year?

When you say it runs way better, are you running more weight?..more RPM?.. better response?...What was the deciding factor that you like?

I'm thinking of stepping back the octane on my sled now and want to do it without getting my..........well you know..LOL

I was going to ask the same questions as you, but you beat me to it. but I might be able to help a bit in the mean time, I also had my head cut (linderman) and ran 12 lbs (5000ft+) with out my intercooler with no trouble on 100LL. After I installed my WtoA and ran it for a year, I took my head Back to Linderman and had him put some compression back into it, so now I am running a compression ratio 1/2 way between stock and a standard linderman turbo cut, I can't say for sure but I am betting i would be able to run 15 lbs on avgas, but I will probably keep it around 12-13 just to be safe

I have herd mixed reviews about 100LL. And personal bad experience in 2stroke motor bikes. So prolly won't personally run av gas.

I have herd mixed reviews about 100LL. And personal bad experience in 2stroke motor bikes. So prolly won't personally run av gas. But thanks for all the help and answers can't wait to get the sled and rip it up if we get any snow ever

does anyone know if the twisted head adds or subtracts compression

09 m8 twisted extreme kit

Premium Features

Back