• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much boost at 2000feet on 91

I have a CPC stage 1 on a 2010 m8. Wondering how much boost I can run at 2000feet on 91? Also can I add a jug of octane boost to make sure it will be at least 91 incase I get sum poor fuel?

I wouldnt run 91 at that elavation. I live at about 1500 ft and i cant turn it down past 7lbs because of waste gate acctuator. I run straight 100 ll at home.

Ive never used any octane booster, just added some better fuel. You can try it, i guess you will find out if it works.

I know some guys use boost juice, not sure exactly whats in it. Maybe someone that has used it will post.

If you are running the stock head I think you would need some 100LL at least to be safe then try weining down the amount of av/race. I think octane booster is a waste of money one gal. of race or av will do a lot more than the booster. My experience is without pulling timming or compression prem will not work very good. I have run 7 psi here in ND with a 25prem/75av blend. Pull a little timming on top and 12 psi on 100LL:bounce:

If you are running the stock head I think you would need some 100LL at least to be safe then try weining down the amount of av/race. I think octane booster is a waste of money one gal. of race or av will do a lot more than the booster. My experience is without pulling timming or compression prem will not work very good. I have run 7 psi here in ND with a 25prem/75av blend. Pull a little timming on top and 12 psi on 100LL:bounce:

I have the 09 head on.

i use that torco octane booster for my stock 13 800. i dont have 91 at the pump so i just use 87 octane with 16 oz of booster and have held it WOT for long periods many of times in 300+ miles and never have once seen the det sensor go off. so i dont know never tried just a tank of 87 to see if it senses det and goes to limp. i used it in my piped m1 and it worked fine for me. if you can go low boost i would give it a try. the booster smells just like paint thinner. must be like acetone.

I've got a CPC stage 1 kit on my '10 with a shaved head and I run usually about a gallon of 110 octane with the rest being 91. I ride anywhere from 0-6000 ft and have never banged off my det sensor and I vary from 6-9lbs of boost. I'd think you should be able to run at least 5lbs on straight 91. It's not a lot but you should still be able to dance around any stocker out there!!

octane

im looking to run a ovs race gas kit at 0-2000 feet elevation a few times in a 2910 m8. Whats a good fuel ratio to start with. I have easy access to 110 race fuel. I was thinking 3 gal 110 / rest 91. Im turning boost down to 3-5 if i can. Any suggestions?

Delange I live at 900ft and I run 100LL (3000+ miles on this turbo)because it only costs a little more than prem and the airport is close. If you have it available I would give it a try. It is good for atleast 10 psi for me with a timming key I would think 7-8+ no problem stock timming. Its so cheap you can afford to turn the boost up a little bit:bounce: In my opinion anything under 6 is a waste of a high priced turbo!

Premium Features

Back