• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Houghton Area

Agreed with heading west. I usually store my sled west but had it shipped home with hopes of heading back to the UP to play like the old days. Now I'm starting to rethink having it home! Keepin my fingers crossed

I think I am bailing was gonna be for feb and march but looking more like jan feb unless something happens quick.

Agreed. Where are you looking at going? We usually head to Thunder Mountain Lodge in Colorado near Grand Junction. Just talked with a guy out there and they are getting hammered this past week. He said they are in full swing with this latest snow. Wish you guys could say the same up there! There is still time tho.

Agreed. Where are you looking at going? We usually head to Thunder Mountain Lodge in Colorado near Grand Junction. Just talked with a guy out there and they are getting hammered this past week. He said they are in full swing with this latest snow. Wish you guys could say the same up there! There is still time tho.

Prolly cooke.. But the **** storms ah brewin.. Gonna at least hold out till after the new year. I would like to hold off until feb or even the middle feb to leave but if it don't get better quick I gotta go and chase the pow.. I work my *** off so that I don't have to in the winter and when I just sit around I start to go bizerk...

Last edited:
No I'm not from the area, I live down by Appleton WI too... but I went to school at Mich Tech so I got to ride plenty up there. We try to make a few trips up there each winter, but this year might I might only be able to make it up one or two times... got some other trips in the works for this year. But when we are up there we almost always only ride southrange/twin lakes area.

Tom where and when do you have trips planned?

Tom where and when do you have trips planned?

lol who is this? Joe? As of now we have a room booked in houghton for the weekend of the 12th but seriously considering canceling it and going to the Grand Marias or Paridise MI instead. I have never ridden over there so it'll probably be a lot of trail riding :sad:

lol who is this? Joe? As of now we have a room booked in houghton for the weekend of the 12th but seriously considering canceling it and going to the Grand Marias or Paridise MI instead. I have never ridden over there so it'll probably be a lot of trail riding :sad:

well the trip this weekend is cancelled due to 40s and rain... hopefully the LES machine turns on after this warm up...

We are loosing snow here in Gwinn/Marquette too. What is going on with this crazy weather!? It was 35 last night at Midnight and snow was sliding off our metal roof.

Well if it makes you feel any better.. I know John dee is personally very excited about the next couple weeks. It should be good by Monday :face-icon-small-coo if you can make a minor adjustments to schedule...

hope to come up the 26th and have a room booked for the 2nd. hope its back to normal by then!

Yeah its Joe, lake effect machine looks to be fired up maybe head up in a few weeks when I get back from out west. Ill wait till this fresh sets up and covers up all the bombs. haha

does anyone know if the Walmart in Houghton is accessible by trail?

Yes.. Not totally groomed but good to go! Sled to dans snowmobile shop in Atlantic mine cross the road and find the power line and head north towards Wally World. Sometimes they groom a trail all the way there but at this point i don't know. Either way follow the power line it'll take ya right there! It's not direct if your coming from Houghton but it works if there is not enough snow to just head through downtown...

Premium Features

Back