Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Homemade sled deck (single)

Yeah, I could've just used a tri fold but I figured for $200 vs $85 it would be better to have a real ramp and I needed something under my sled so I don't rip up the rhino liner.

Also, I needed a project until the snow flies;)

Rt

Looks good!! But isn't that why you got a sprayed in bed liner.... so you wouldn't scratch up the bed??

NICE work

Hey RT, I emailed you seperately but not sure how that works...or not..Anyway I like the one of the other replys am asking if you could post another photo showing the ramp in the loading position. I can definately build one of theses with a little more info on the ramp hook-up and structure. Anyway thanks for posting your photo and snow is coming.
GW

Looks nice and clean. I know a few guys that have built ones like this and they work nice. Lots easier then trying to unload a sled with a tri-fold ramp because your carbides don't catch the ramp.

GM recalled my 2002 years ago to replace the tailgate cables with stainless steel ones as I recall. GMC 2500HD.

Back in the 90's I used two ea 2x8 in the truck connected to two for the ski ramps. Connected by common gate hinge and I made a removable pin to disconnect/connect.

The center ramp was 2x12 with some old tire strips as traction, also connected by hinge with removable pin.

The 2x8 pieces started out with pvc pipe to guide the skis up and hold the carbide off the wood and worked very well. Later I removed the pvc and added bed liner which doesn't slide as well but is less bulky than the pvc pipe pieces.

After loaded, pull the 3 connecting pins and slide the boards in between skis and outside of track.

Only down side is not able to close tail gate when unloaded (with 8' boards and 6.5' bed).

I cut the boards shorter to allow tailgate to be closed but made for fairly steep loading angle with 6.5' ramps into basically stock height GMC 2500 HD, 2002.

Premium Features

Back