• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HMK or KLIM BOOTS

H
Nov 28, 2007
Stanwood
I tried the HMK's last year and my feet kept getting wet and cold all season. The only thing I liked is they were stiffer and had better support while your on your sled. I wish Baffin wouldn't have sold or changed their quality cause they made the best boot around several years ago. Good luck.

U
Nov 28, 2007
Alaska
klim

bought a pair of klim ADRENALINE GTX BOOTS last year loved them warm and dry :D:D walked in a pawn shop the other day and they had a pair sitting on the shelf (my size)offered him $50 bucks now have 2 pairs :D:D

bought a pair of klim ADRENALINE GTX BOOTS last year loved them warm and dry :D:D walked in a pawn shop the other day and they had a pair sitting on the shelf (my size)offered him $50 bucks now have 2 pairs :D:D

What were you doing in a pawn shop the other day?:D J/K I'll need to remember that one!

If anyone has any questions about HMK boots, feel free to drop by the shop or PM me at any time.

Chris

B
Feb 28, 2008
wasilla
i have a pair of size ten hmk highmark pros back/orange, used one day good boots nothing wrong with them i bought pro boas and dont need these anymore , paid 195.00 any reasonable offers.

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
Only one of the brands mentioned is 100% waterproof. I have the Klim Radium GTX's and will never own anything else. Never a wet or cold foot...ever. There are alot of areas we ride where ending up in water is a possibilty (petersville, turny, placer, ect.) and I know I want something that is waterproof.

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
I had to rent a pair of bunny boots one time because I forgot my boots and I hated them. They were way colder than my Klims and offer absolutely no kind of foot support. Tried jumping and thought I was going to brake my ankles.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak

Yup. I have worn those boots for years while riding. Ive riddin' in -20 once or twice ;) ...and my feet never got/get cold! even when water gets inside, my feet still stay warm and do not get cold. Gotta get used to them though. They suck for spring rides.....feels like your feet are going to catch fire! :eek:

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
After years of bunnies I bought a pair of Klim Adrenaline and am really happy with them. I may buy a pair of Radiums just because of the removable liner.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I got a set of hmk pro boa's last season..great boots once they breakin..always warm..but I have had my feet get wet in them..but even wet always warm..have wore them down to -40 riding the 50 miles into the cabin....this year I will wear my gortex socks with them just to keep dry....

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
HMKs highmark 4's and my feet never got cold.. but they were definatly always wet. which if i did have a cabin to run to and dry out then it could lead to being cold..love the support they give though. imo

Premium Features