• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HM Turbo Days demo events for 2012-13--next one is Saturday, April 6th at Lolo Pass

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
S.O.B those cans, I was with the HM group. I do know A person who brought a lot or beer up to the hill. He is not a representative of HM. and not the only person to bring the beer. Even though I didn't drink beer up on the hill I was the last one to leave and saw the cans and thought it was very disrespectful to say the least, and one of my pet peeves, (garbage left behind). the small bag I had was full of garbage, maybe I should of shoved it in my pockets or something? I also mentioned it back at the room to make it clear that everybody should be packing out their garbage. especially because Canada is so damn cool and clean and the people up there are the coolest ever, everybody was so cool.

J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
Thanks for clearing it up and for helping. I figure it was probably people along with the group rather then the HM guys. Just makes people very angry when this happens.

I hope HM or these other guys do something to make this situation right. Lots of pissed off sledders right now.

J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
I am sure the hm guys were the only ones up there that day. Wow take a shot at hm and then pitch s&m all in one post. Impressive

I won't stay quiet about garbage on the hill regardless of who it is. There are far too many battles to keep areas open already. All I know about is HM is they have good turbo's, not taking any shots at all. Pitch? Just quoting a post on S&M about a guy picking up garbage.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I hear ya. I hate garbage. I hate seeing things left behind.
And sledders don't need that.

I wasn't there, and don't know who left the cans...but to say IT WAS HM guys might be jumping the gun.

Maybe it was other people who showed up to ride the HM sleds...maybe the guys who brought HM trailer don't drink. I don't know.

I dunno... Just sayin.

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Don't matter it puts a bad wrap on all of us and a reason for the government to close more areas. Don't care how good your sled runs if there is no where to run it! Pack it out

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Duke
T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Anyone take any video or pictures? Besides of cans. I have one being installed on my sled right now but am working till next week so I want some reports!!!!
Just a question Why HM Turbo?Why not Boost-it ?Its proven it self hundreds of time,and it's local why do we feel the need to buy from american company's when we have one of the best kit here in canada?

Reactions: m8magicandmystery
B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Just a question Why HM Turbo?Why not Boost-it ?Its proven it self hundreds of time,and it's local why do we feel the need to buy from american company's when we have one of the best kit here in canada?

Well the idea is that the end uses does not have to fu<k with it. No gauges to watch nothing to set just bag on it. There are folks out there that have had problems tuning turbos and it has cost them coin and greif. So this is that product for that guy. There is also kind of a liability aspect put on the turbo builder offering this product because the end user has no input on the tuning. At the end of this season we should have a better idea of how well it works. There is a lot of HM kits out there now it would be nice to get some more feedback on them from the end users.

Last edited:

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
I have a new Silber kit and have good luck with the do beck. But if this ecu works like they say this winter I will be buying one for next year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Well the idea is that the end uses does not have to fu<k with it. No gauges to watch nothing to set just bag on it. There are folks out there that have had problems tuning turbos and it has cost them coin and greif. So this is that product for that guy. There is also kind of a liability aspect put on the turbo builder offering this product because the end user has no input on the tuning. At the end of this season we should have a better idea of how well it works. There is a lot of HM kits out there now it would be nice to get some more feedback on them from the end users.

So does that mean that if you blow the motor due to a fueling issue on this ECU the turbo builder will replace at his cost?? I doubt it. I like the idea of a standalone but I also like having a little control out in the snow because of so many changes on any given day. And when it doesn't run perfect on the standalone it is beyond frustrating since you can't look at anything unless you pack a laptop and know how to use the program. I would be interested in the product on a future sled when more people (not the turbo builder or ecu supplier) starts giving some feedback. The only one I know of that was a customers and not somewhat tied to the ecu had their engine go down and pulled the turbo and ecu to go to a big bore.

It just seems that not all sleds are alike and feel that going a true standalone route you need to have it fine tuned to that sled and then it will run flawless, but don't think you can just send the ecu out to X turbo setup and have it run perfect out of the box.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
So does that mean that if you blow the motor due to a fueling issue on this ECU the turbo builder will replace at his cost?? I doubt it. I like the idea of a standalone but I also like having a little control out in the snow because of so many changes on any given day. And when it doesn't run perfect on the standalone it is beyond frustrating since you can't look at anything unless you pack a laptop and know how to use the program. I would be interested in the product on a future sled when more people (not the turbo builder or ecu supplier) starts giving some feedback. The only one I know of that was a customers and not somewhat tied to the ecu had their engine go down and pulled the turbo and ecu to go to a big bore.

It just seems that not all sleds are alike and feel that going a true standalone route you need to have it fine tuned to that sled and then it will run flawless, but don't think you can just send the ecu out to X turbo setup and have it run perfect out of the box.

I agree with you on this 100%, there was a article in a magazine were the turbo builder made mention of warranty with the vipec. I like having my fuel controller in front of me and being able to tune without shutting my sled down or moving my a$$ off the seat. A two stroke turboed snowmobile is a tough platform to tune and with the lack of feedback for the ecu to work with, I am skeptical on it

M
Oct 16, 2010
Joshua,

I am the guy that was there with Shane's stuff and I just now became aware of the posts pertaining to the mess of cans. Toward the end of the day I saw that pile of cans and believed someone was stacking them there on purpose to be picked up. I know I picked up quite a few, smashed them, and put them into my coat pockets. When I got back to the parking lot I dumped them into Shane's trailer (they are still there). Shane's sled doesn't have a bag on it and I wasn't wearing a pack that day so I couldn't carry all of them. Even though it wasn't my mess, I should have found some more people to help carry the trash because it was likely there as a result of people stopping to see the HM stuff. Canada, like our state, is beautiful. Our group of guys pride ourselves on ALWAYS packing out what we brought in, even broken sled parts. It is not unusual to see one of our guys stopping on a trail to pick up a dropped water bottle or a broken bungie strap just to keep everything clean. Neither I nor any of the guys I run with would have intentionally left a mess, especially one like this and definitely not as your guests. I regret I didn't do more because it not only reflects bad on me, but bad on our sport. In Montana, we are having a difficult enough time keeping riding areas open and situations like this wouldn't help. You said something about hoping HM does something to make this right.....In fairness, HM couldn't do anything about it because he was 600 miles away but I could have. This is my fault and I accept responsibility. However, I am at a loss as to what I could do to make it right but I am completely open to suggestions. To the people who did clean this up and take pride in this area, Thank You and I hope you will accept my apology. It was a lesson learned and I for one will make sure it never happens again.

D
Dec 4, 2010
up the rocks
Hm turbo on the pro my review in revy

I would like to give my thoughts and review on the sled. I was able to drive the sled and bag on it quite hard. I drove it like I stole it and didn't think twice about it.

I currently own a pro rmk 800 as my backup sled and a custom turbo nypex 174 which I built.

This is my thoughts. I liked it. I am planning to turbo my pro rmk and put a 3" track on after driving there sled. I want to drive the other kits out there for my own satisfaction and can cause I'm a consumer. But being able to hop on there kit. I was impressed. It felt good, install was very clean. I had questions and comments which we discussed one on one. And I would hope in the future to see the reliability of the product. So far I think they have a great product. They were willin to bring it out to the snow and hand it to anyone. I want to thank them for that.

DeanO

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Joshua,

I am the guy that was there with Shane's stuff and I just now became aware of the posts pertaining to the mess of cans. Toward the end of the day I saw that pile of cans and believed someone was stacking them there on purpose to be picked up. I know I picked up quite a few, smashed them, and put them into my coat pockets. When I got back to the parking lot I dumped them into Shane's trailer (they are still there). Shane's sled doesn't have a bag on it and I wasn't wearing a pack that day so I couldn't carry all of them. Even though it wasn't my mess, I should have found some more people to help carry the trash because it was likely there as a result of people stopping to see the HM stuff. Canada, like our state, is beautiful. Our group of guys pride ourselves on ALWAYS packing out what we brought in, even broken sled parts. It is not unusual to see one of our guys stopping on a trail to pick up a dropped water bottle or a broken bungie strap just to keep everything clean. Neither I nor any of the guys I run with would have intentionally left a mess, especially one like this and definitely not as your guests. I regret I didn't do more because it not only reflects bad on me, but bad on our sport. In Montana, we are having a difficult enough time keeping riding areas open and situations like this wouldn't help. You said something about hoping HM does something to make this right.....In fairness, HM couldn't do anything about it because he was 600 miles away but I could have. This is my fault and I accept responsibility. However, I am at a loss as to what I could do to make it right but I am completely open to suggestions. To the people who did clean this up and take pride in this area, Thank You and I hope you will accept my apology. It was a lesson learned and I for one will make sure it never happens again.

I find it interesting that those are pictures of American Beer cans, and there were many eye witness accounts on Snow and Mud of the HM guys drinking those brands. Miller lite is not something that is drank in Canada a couple of the Coors cans look like they were purchased south of the boarder as well.

longgold

Premium Member
Nov 9, 2010
Whistler BC.
I find it interesting that those are pictures of American Beer cans, and there were many eye witness accounts on Snow and Mud of the HM guys drinking those brands. Miller lite is not something that is drank in Canada a couple of the Coors cans look like they were purchased south of the boarder as well.

Really???? we are still dwelling on this??? Give me a break. Jesus put erasers on pencils because PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES! There was a lot going on that day and someone made a mistake...

That AND people drink Coors Light in Canada too...they are called gay people...but they have a place in our society along with us Kokanee drinking men!

Premium Features