• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hills

Oct 13, 2008
so we went to the hills for fun and well theres still not enough snow yet haha. the bolt that holds my gear on broke off and got caught in my chain and snapped the chain out the bottom of my chaincase. so anybody got a spare chaincase? haha still had fun but should probly just wait for more snow. my friend was towing it and towed it into a creek and broke my ski haha and the parking lot had some obese jumps worthy of slednecks sponshurships! haha
DSCF3458.jpg

DSCF3466.jpg

DSCF3468.jpg

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I assume that is your friend jumping? tell him to put a helmet on his head.....come on guys....

ps..sorry to hear you broke your sled...

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Not being a butt or anything..not pointing fingers but, how the heck can you forget to put on your helmet????

GOT BACK UP SLED?

my clutch took a crap on me at Turny one weekend, missed a ride the following week, then the next week i broke a ski, lol :rolleyes:

Oct 13, 2008
i was being sarcastic about forgeting but you wouldnt beleive the stuff ive forgotten befor a ride haha boots or even the keys to my sled

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
Do yourself a favor wait for the snow to ride. RETARDS

you have to ride down the trail to get to deeper snow...kind of like in the spring when the snow is gone at the bottom but still deep at the top... and why do you care if we ride now? its our sleds and our money if we want to ride i dont see why you being all the way in fairbanks would care? we were just bored on a weekend and decided to ride up to deeper snow. ive never seen a mentally ill person ride snowmachines so i dont know how retard came into this?

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Please just stop posting up every time you go ride dirt with your sleds in questionable places, no one cares. Either wait like everyone else, go far enough north to ride snow or at the least just stop posting every time you go.

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
why are you acting like you were pyhsically forced to look at this thread? if you dont like it then dont look at it and dont post anything about it. you dont need to bash us to feel tough. just go work out or something

Oct 13, 2008
hey man how do you go through them fast? am i gonna have a bunch of problems with that this year? and why you guys bashing because we posted some pics to show that the hills arent ready? ok well my bad for posting a thread about alaska riding in the alaska riding section. i should have known not to. would you be happy if nobody posted riding pictures? obviously this is the wrong site for that kind of bad behavior and innapropriate posting. just chill

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
Im new to thins sight but from what I can see its a ton of bashing. I have to agree with 907 and thanks for th ride info. Now if I could just get my sled to run on two I would be out looking for the snow as well.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
why are you acting like you were pyhsically forced to look at this thread? if you dont like it then dont look at it and dont post anything about it. you dont need to bash us to feel tough. just go work out or something

Why do you even say anything about being tough like I was trying to mad dog you? I think your little encounter with the hitman has made you a little sensitive little buddy. I'm just tired of seeing your crap all over the AK section you are one of the contributors to the recent downgrading of intellect around here am I the only one who notices it? It just Of course keep riding and posting pics that is what this site is for just dont fill it full of useless crap?

I think we can agree on a couple of things here.

There isn't much snow in the pics. Most people wouldn't ride on that little of snow. But, most people wouldn't waterskip, or drive their Prius to Jim Creek, either. But, you know they do. Some people just can't help doing things that most people wouldn't. It keeps life interesting for them and gives us something to shake our heads at. And, as long as it doesn't hurt the sport, like tearing up terrain off trail might, why should I care?

Riding without a helmet is foolish. So is driving without a seatbelt, and having a beer on the trail, and skydiving, either with or without a helmet (unless your plane is actually in danger of crashing). I don't think I've ever heard anybody get hot about someone else not wearing a seatbelt, not even someone else in their own car. I don't wear a helmet when I'm loading my sled on the trailer. But, I've heard of accidents happening while loading and unloading... maybe I should. I do wear my helmet when I ride my sled down a trail, but not when I'm trail riding on my 4-wheeler. It's tougher to see and to shoot a moose with a helmet on. Again, as long as it doesn't hurt the sport, who does it hurt? The rider? Yeah. But that's part of the rider's personal responsibility. If a guy understands the situation and chooses to be foolish, who am I to try to convince him otherwise? What's the saying? Don't wrestle with a pig... you just get dirty and the pig likes it.

If the guy wants to be foolish and run his sled in the snirt without a helmet, so be it. It's his choice. He hasn't done anything illegal or immoral. I'm just not gonna be foolish enough to ride with him - now, or later. Because, trust me, I do plenty of foolish things on my own. I don't need any encouragement.:cool:

Premium Features