• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hi Everyone

The downside of the motor is it weighs 150 lbs. I figure I can live with another 60 lbs over the 800 twin for almost double the HP on pump gas. Hope it isn't to much like riding with a boat anchor in front of me. Well at least it will be reliable and go up anything- I just won't turn!!

I sure hope that this is the season that i will FINALLY get to head north and ride in "Silvertips Playground" with the NorCal Posse. Its just about time for Team Summit to hit the road again!

Well John, I can't wait I think my final tuning is done, did about 60 miles over Sat and Sun IM and LTS as we ran into each other... this new controller is awesome...very simple and functional! I hope there is still room for a rookie on your trails ;-) great spot BTW! AO may be right add another riding area eh! BK...would be nice to see some of you guys migrate north for a ride or 2~

right on guys! i finally found the new digs. silvertip...i love what you've done with the place. :)

had dinner with the hero last night, he and jonesy are ready to roll north. we've got a team summit rider meeting thursday at biggies (6pm) if anyone wants to come. PM for details.

we should get some decent snow here this week too. i'm going to call dan g. and see when he's ready to have us over in SLC.

jeff

30 min on the new M1000 and DESTRUCTION

3rd ride of the season was not good. Major carnage at Sonora!

1 st ride: Rode Little Truckee (Meadow Lake) Dec 8th, 2' of baseless powder (good road riding).

2nd: Cisco Grove Dec 20th. 4'-5' (no joke!) POWDER. Lots of work/stucks. Sold Raquels old '02 RMK 800 and bought a hold over M1000 162 from Snowstorm Sports.

3rd: Stayed at the Double Eagle Guest House in June Lakes, CA for Xmas. Rode Sonora Pass hwy 108 Dec 22. Where the hell is the snow? 2-3' of baseless powder took its toll on my new M1000 and Deans Dragon 800. Dean bent a lower A-arm and on the way out I took out the entire rt hand side: upper and lower A-arms (lower A-arm sheered the bolt and broke in 2), shock, ski, spindle. Had to leave it up there for 2 days while I located parts. A BIG THANKS to Jim at Snowstorm Sports (775-623-1250), he pulled the entire rt front suspension off of a sled and got it to Reno the next day!

4th: Went to Reno to pick up parts Dec 23rd. Got there early and rode over Lola, past White Rock, and up top headed for Castle. No tracks. 2'-3' set-up snow. The 5' of power sure settled. GREAT RIDE!

5th: Back to Leavitt Lake to repair/recover M1000. Got snowed on, fixed sled, and went home.

We're headed for Idaho (Council & McCall) today!
Hope everyone is having a good holliday!
John

Hi.

From what I've seen, the only snow worth a real crap yet is over 9 grand. And even that's pretty lame for this time of year.

airtree.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back