• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help! Race Gas Boondocker Box Installation question!

SuperchargedWS6

Lifetime Membership
Can someone confirm the following connectors on the aux injector wiring harness for a 2010+ (I'm installing on a 2012) M8 race gas turbo boodocker box:

1. On the aux injector cable there are 3 connectors: two connectors for the aux injectors, then a 3rd, two wire connector with orange and black wires. Is this connector for the air temp sensor?

2. There is another cable with 2, two wire connectors on it. One connector has tan and yellow wires, the other connector has a pink and a black wire. Is the tan and yellow wire connector for the handle bar push button switch? What is the connector with the pink and black wires for?

Thanks!

The instructions for these boondocker boxes are horrible! The instructions show a completely different secondary injector harness than I received!

The instructions for these boondocker boxes are horrible! The instructions show a completely different secondary injector harness than I received!

Post a few pics of the connectors in case the wire colors have changed. some secondary harnesses have the connector for the pressure transducer & some (instead) have a connector for the EBC to provide the boost pressure. The "flat" 2 pin connector is for the "capture" feature. Should also have a 2-pin red/black connector for power supply. BD has made a lot of changes on where to pull power from over the past few years, so you may want to give them a call to make sure you have everything you need & that its hooked up correctly. I spoke with them a few times this fall about a couple kits & they helped me out on the 1st call every time.

I have to say, boondocker's customer service is excellent, even if their instructions are lacking!

For those of you that may run into this, here is the breakdown of the 8 connectors on the Aux Injector harness:

- two connectors for the TPS - these are obvious as they are on the same cable, and are the identical connector, only one is female and one male.

- Air press. sensor - plugs into the supplied air press transducer. It is a roundish connector.

- two injector connectors - obvious as well, square and have spring clip that snaps onto the injectors.

- on the injector cable is a two wire (orange and black) connector. This goes to the temp sensor.

- there is a two wire (orange and tan) connector. This is for the handle bar push button.

- there is a two wire (black and red) connector. The red is aux power (dc) and the black is ground.

Hopefully this makes the next person's install a little easier!

I agree boondocker has great customer service,Sam has been very help full to me!!

x2 with Sam. BoonDocker has made a huge customer service improvement this season. They get someone who knows your kit on the phone when you call. I called a few times setting up a buddy's kit & didn't have to wait for a call back & questions were answered immediately. VERY different experience this season vs. the previous seasons.

I can't say how long the kit will hold up, but I can tell you this. The Push race gas turbo with the boondocker controller outright rocks. It only took me about 15mins to get it dialed in once I worked out the kinks in the sled (bad wideband and bad throttle position sensor). Instant throttle response. I'm very happy with this combo!

I can't say how long the kit will hold up, but I can tell you this. The Push race gas turbo with the boondocker controller outright rocks. It only took me about 15mins to get it dialed in once I worked out the kinks in the sled (bad wideband and bad throttle position sensor). Instant throttle response. I'm very happy with this combo!

Do you have a Tail kit? I'm finally going to install my kit this weekend. Any tips or pointers you could give me?

Did you keep oil injection?

I have a Push Tial race gas, 4 injector set up on a 2010 M8. My attitude box is dead and I have been looking at switching to a boondocker box. I would love some pics of the installation of the boondocker box. Also, I know there are several post's with numbers out there, but I am curious where you ended up... please post.

Thanks.

Yes Tial kit, if you have any specific questions let me know. I've had it off and the kit is pretty straightforward.

Stock Boondocker race gas settings are bang on for WOT. Subtracted some fuel in the mid rpm, mid throttle.

I am having a lean stumble between 4500 and 6000 rpm at light (1/4) throttle. I'm going to be starting another thread on that. Other than that one area/issue, the sled rips everywhere else.

P.S. I would highly recommend the boondocker box for this setup. So much easier than the powercommander that it had on it.

Premium Features

Back