• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help my baby is sick

B

blownuaway

i just bought a used 03 polaris 700 sks and when i fired it up the temp light came on right off the bat. it has damn near no power and it is running really rich. what should i do?

Like he said, temp sensor. Make sure it is plugged in and if so bypass it test it or replace it straight away.

sled_guy

you can't bybass it w/o a resistor, I would buy a new one after you make sure it is plugged in. they are like $20 I think

With the sled running wiggle the wires from the sensor as far back as you can and see if the sled starts running better.On my 03 I had a wire broken inside the insulation just past the plug where a zip-tie was holding it.

It could be the hi-lo beam switch wiring behind the left break handle. No lie. That will cost you about a $140 new for part no. 2010305. Just think of it as helping put some Polaris employees kid through college, and buy him a porsche to get to class. But you can disconnect the wiring with a star screw driver, and see if that clears it up. If it clears up then that was the problem.

CDI boxes can go out. They tend to cause the engine to become erratic.
I think that I have one that will fit. Part no. 4010552 for $50. Low mileage and tested.

its all better! the temp sensor was bad and i replaced it. yea she runs like a bolt of greased lightning. i was kinda suprised how fast the sled is. if the acalance in by kenai lake is fixed i am headed to turnigain pass tomorrow bright and early to play in the powder.....:D

Have fun with it, have a cousin that is still running his same model and year. Those 700's were alot of fun, kinda miss my Pro-X2 at times.

its all better! the temp sensor was bad and i replaced it. yea she runs like a bolt of greased lightning. i was kinda suprised how fast the sled is. if the acalance in by kenai lake is fixed i am headed to turnigain pass tomorrow bright and early to play in the powder.....:D

The avalanche is between the "y" and Seward, not The Pass. Load up and head for Turny!!!

Premium Features

Back