• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help me set up my m7t

I know there are not many around but someone has to still be running one I have not been able to get many miles on yet still trying to get my clutching dialed and my fuel psi set thanks

06 m7 ovs with aero 53 looking for fuel psi box numbers and clutching for 6 to 10 thanks

Nobody has said anything because we need WAY more info. What fuel box you're running, what clutching you currently have, your elevation, 6-10psi is a huge range and will give you way different numbers and clutching, pick a number in-between maybe and go with 8psi or something along those lines and tune from there. What are you using to tune? A/F gauge or EGT? Im sure I'm missing more stuff but just to give people an idea give us that info.

sorry 6-10 was my elevation I am currently set at 6 psi boost running a pure logic box and my fuel pressure is at 40 my clutching I am unsure about as I bought the kit used but currently is a black primary with 689/69 weights and the secondary is a grey spring torsional set in the middle hole with what I think is a straight 36 helix the sled is a 153 with 07 cat rails and a power claw thanks

sorry 6-10 was my elevation I am currently set at 6 psi boost running a pure logic box and my fuel pressure is at 40 my clutching I am unsure about as I bought the kit used but currently is a black primary with 689/69 weights and the secondary is a grey spring torsional set in the middle hole with what I think is a straight 36 helix the sled is a 153 with 07 cat rails and a power claw thanks

The only place I can really help is the helix, you're leaving a lot on the table with a straight 36 (just like me!) Get a 44 or something in-between from what I understand 44 is kinda you could say the norm for turbos. Also how much RPM are you currently pulling?

8400 maybe a bit more my afr is lean in the low and mid my mid is around 12.4 but right off throttle is in the 13's my wot is 10.8 in short bursts and it pulls very hard my engagement is at about 3600 and is very smooth and comes in really nice

8400 maybe a bit more my afr is lean in the low and mid my mid is around 12.4 but right off throttle is in the 13's my wot is 10.8 in short bursts and it pulls very hard my engagement is at about 3600 and is very smooth and comes in really nice

12.4 isn't lean in the mid range actually. My mid range on my m8 is around 13.6-14.5 and its still to fat to run clean. Tune your WOT for around 11.8-12.4 that area, 10.8 is really fat for WOT. Does it have any bogs?

I can't remember what the m7s peak power is but unless you have porting I would tune for close to what stock RPM is supposed to be.

it has a bog in the mid sometimes but it runs good at wot and pulls like a turbo should as far as leaning out my wot am I going to want to adjust my boost fuel on my pl box?

it has a bog in the mid sometimes but it runs good at wot and pulls like a turbo should as far as leaning out my wot am I going to want to adjust my boost fuel on my pl box?

So you're going to want to lean out your mid range and that should help clean up the bog, because at that AFR you're definitely running rich and thats your bog. Im not 100% sure how those boxes work as I having personally used one, but that sounds right to me since thats under full boost when your WOT.

If I am reading correctly off of the ovs website my red blue adjustment changes what rpm the full throttle fuel comes on at so should I jest set that where they recommend and the change the amount of my wot fuel which I think is my red adjustment

I e-mailed Garr today and he told me the helix is a reverse angle 36/40 and the springs are a silver speedworks secondary and a 185/300 primary he said to try a 74 gram weight also any input on where I should I get weights from

For sure get adjustable weights you'll be hating yourself if you don't. MDS seems to be number 1 from what everyone says, but I have D&D weights and they work good in my sled.

well I went out today and the sled ran great for about 20 min then it died wouldn't start I pulled the pto plug and it was covered in parts of piston so I pulled it down and there was a nice dimple in the piston and some around the edges as well as scuffing on 4 corners like a lean seizure. The mag side had a little dimples but not bad but the plug had no color and the piston was fairly clean. When it went down I was cruising about 7 to 7500 rpm afr was 11.8 to 12.4 I was varying the throttle I had a 50/50 of premium and c109 and was running 6 psi boost max. To me it looks like a bad fuel issue I had to bring my green setting on my pl box which is supposed to be my cruise setting up 3 spots from where it was from there web site and I dropped my wot position 2 spots and was at 11.4 at wot. So anyone have any input on why this happened was it a bad fuel problem or was it my fault on my box settings?

thanks for all your help I have been talking with garr and this isn't the first turbo I have been around but it has been kinda finicky as is almost anything you buy used I hate bothering such busy guys at ovs but it looks like I am going to have to thanks all who have said anything or that might be able to still shed some light.

Premium Features

Back