• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Header wraping pipe

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Considering doing this to my Pro-Climb BD setup for this season. what are the Pro's and con's of doing this? Also are people doing the Stinger/Can assy as well?

I did this on my M8 pipe. Not too hard to install, looks cool, dramatically drops the underhood temps. Mutes the high pitched end of the sound spectrum, not really quieter, just slightly lower pitch. But, you must grind any welds that are protruding, even a little bit, because after awhile any spot that isn't smooth will start to cut through the wrap from the vibration. Then it starts to fray and creates a mess with all these little fibers floating around under the hood. Mine lasted 2 years, had I smoothed out the pipe first I'm sure it would've lasted longer.

Tried it for years different ways on my M8. Could never get it to last long enough. Went to starting line and had it ceramic coated and have never looked back. Doing my proclimb the same way.

So I tried it 2 times and both times it unraveled, I tie wired it and clamped it with hose clamps. I tried something different this last time, I didn't overlap it, just kept it close and continued to wrap ,started from the center and went to both ends with 2-50 ft rolls. When I got to the end I wrapped back over the top of the 1st wrap and then sprayed the piss out of with black header wrap paint. I used the good titanium 1 inch wrap and got it wet 1st. Once I was done I let it dry for a few days and then sprayed it until it was dripping black paint, 4 cans.... Its like a cast now, hard as a rock.. I put 2 hose clamps at the center section of pipe at the wrap joints.

Premium Features

Back