• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hatcher pass / petersville

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
hey i was wondering if anyone knew how much snow was on the side of hatcher pass that is open to riding all the time? also does anyone know if petersville got any snow? thanks. a few flakes came down here in soldotna today but nothing stuck at all

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
so rev guy have you found turny yet? or placer or 20 mile...or eureka...lost lake..petersville? you are in for the rides of your life..so what are you thinking of alaska so far?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
so rev guy have you found turny yet? or placer or 20 mile...or eureka...lost lake..petersville? you are in for the rides of your life..so what are you thinking of alaska so far?

Ill second that!!! Its an addiction....mountain riding up here is second to none. Ive rode Utah...its good but up here is phenominal...minus the short daylight hours:eek:

Last edited:
R
Dec 31, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Driving 3200 miles pulling a trailer with todays diesel prices $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, All the work and the things you forgot that you were going to have to pay for$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, Driving a half hour into the hills and watch heavy snow coming down October 5th PRICELESS. So far really enjoying it

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Driving 3200 miles pulling a trailer with todays diesel prices $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, All the work and the things you forgot that you were going to have to pay for$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, Driving a half hour into the hills and watch heavy snow coming down October 5th PRICELESS. So far really enjoying it
way to go revguy..so does the wife ride as well? and will she powder ride?and whats she think of alaska?

A

AKHark

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 19, 2008
Anchorage
Snowed about an inch at my cabin at Trapper Creek on Friday, drove to Kroto parking lot and there was about 2-3 inches. Little bit of ice on the ponds but not much.

R
Dec 31, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
My girlfriend has ridden a few times but it never really snows in minnesota enough to get comfortable with it. Shes a trooper though and im sure she will be tryng it. So far she likes it here, We hiked up twin peaks trail by eklutna lake yesterday and she enjoyed that alot. About half way up all I could think about was , I wish I had my 4 wheeler!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
My girlfriend has ridden a few times but it never really snows in minnesota enough to get comfortable with it. Shes a trooper though and im sure she will be tryng it. So far she likes it here, We hiked up twin peaks trail by eklutna lake yesterday and she enjoyed that alot. About half way up all I could think about was , I wish I had my 4 wheeler!

try hiking mchugh creek.it is on the seward hyway headed south from anchorage..about 10 miles past the weigh scales...

Premium Features