• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone ever used the Holtzman Automatic Temperature & Altitude Carburetor Compens

Nope, I haven't even installed the kit yet (or reassembled the engine). All I did was coat the pistons. I'll start at a 30 shot and work my way up. If I see any deto I'll start changing things, the first being octane. Honestly I think my sled will be competitive with only a 50 shot, if that isn't enough I'll start learning about building engines for nitrous the hard way.

I think your motor will do good as is up to a 50-60 shot..if ya need more..hit me up..I used to burn thru 14 pds in a 100 ft. run...I can offer info on what worked for us ..two strokes will be different but not by much....I think your sled will be competitive as well..but tim is right..johns sled is gonna be real hard to touch..a master built it and it shows....

I remember a few times looking behind me wondering where you went. :D From a dead stop you got me on a short run, but i blame that n a crap track, thats no longer a issue this year. :face-icon-small-hap

I only remember you being fast on the flats...and now you added 12-15lbs of rotating mass? I bet you'll haul A$$.

I think your motor will do good as is up to a 50-60 shot..if ya need more..hit me up..

I'm sure I'll have questions as I go, thanks for the offer.

I think your sled will be competitive as well..but tim is right..johns sled is gonna be real hard to touch..a master built it and it shows....

Agreed, my sled has seen the inside of fastrax. They do good work.

Last edited:
Oh its always in fun. At the end of the day as long as i get back under my own power it was a great day. A little b.s. along the way makes it that much more enjoyable though.

I think just getting out and having some fun with friends is good enough for me...:D:beer;:beer;

That's all that matters, as much as we bs on here about who is faster I don't think anyone really cares. We're all out to have fun and racing is only a small part of that. I know getting beat doesn't ruin my ride and all the bs is just a way to pass the time until we can actually ride....and bs on the hill :D

Thats why i ride with nikolai, we built our bumpers to tow each others sled out. Not that it has ever happened but just in case, one tank tows another tank.

To boost or not to boost

Johnny will be quick no doubt, but lets find a hill and run 'em. To be honest im not scurred!

I know where there is a 1150 cutler old school that likes steep runs ! and what if it had a turbo and a 174x2.5 . I hope its a good boost season for every one!:D

Premium Features

Back