• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone ever used the Holtzman Automatic Temperature & Altitude Carburetor Compens

Has anyone ever used the Holtzman Automatic Temperature & Altitude Carburetor Compens

Im thinkin about buying one of these for my xp, Do they work well or should i look at something different? any help would be great

They are awesome. One caution though, setup is everything. Must be installed correctly and then jetted right. If those are correct, you will then never worry about jets asain, have a sled that always rips, and get better mpg most likely than you are now.

The shizzle

It would work great on your RS. Ultra hit the nail on the head, it is all about the set up. Error on the safe side, start a little fat and work your way down. The info that comes with the unit is very good, read it a few times before you do the installation.

The carbed 8 I just bought has one or it'd be the first thing I put on, well worth it.

ICR I bought a kit for Phil last year and he never put it on, he would probably let it go.

The carbed 8 I just bought has one or it'd be the first thing I put on, well worth it.

ICR I bought a kit for Phil last year and he never put it on, he would probably let it go.

Might be interested, only way I'm installing one is if I build an airbox first, and I might need that space for the nitrous. My sled has space issues.

Might be interested, only way I'm installing one is if I build an airbox first, and I might need that space for the nitrous. My sled has space issues.

Fixed it for you.

Oh we need some snow soon to settle some of these issues! :beer;:beer;:beer;

ICR, don't let us 2smokers down!
Hyflyer, Let's see how you do up against Johnny wick. He is going to be hard beat this year if his hangover isn't too bad.:eek::beer;

Fixed it for you.

Oh we need some snow soon to settle some of these issues! :beer;:beer;:beer;

ICR, don't let us 2smokers down!
Hyflyer, Let's see how you do up against Johnny wick. He is going to be hard beat this year if his hangover isn't too bad.:eek::beer;

LOWFLYR, my kit supports a 150HP shot...let's see you turn your boost up that high.

ultra, I haven't lost to a yami yet, all I need is some snow to keep the streak alive. But I agree Johnnys sled will the one to beat this year.

LOWFLYR, my kit supports a 150HP shot...let's see you turn your boost up that high.

ultra, I haven't lost to a yami yet, all I need is some snow to keep the streak alive. But I agree Johnnys sled will the one to beat this year.

mike..did you do anything with bigger head and case bolts to run that much nitrous...on our big block chevys running twin 600 hp foggers we cemented blocks, went from 7/16 head bolts to custom made 1/2 in. Arp studs as well as copper head gaskets with both the block and heads o-ringed to keep the compression in the chambers....if it saw any deto at all it would lift the heads right off the block everytime....this included retarding the timing a total of 40 degrees when both foggers went on...

Johnny will be quick no doubt, but lets find a hill and run 'em. To be honest im not scurred!

mike..did you do anything with bigger head and case bolts to run that much nitrous.....

Nope, I haven't even installed the kit yet (or reassembled the engine). All I did was coat the pistons. I'll start at a 30 shot and work my way up. If I see any deto I'll start changing things, the first being octane. Honestly I think my sled will be competitive with only a 50 shot, if that isn't enough I'll start learning about building engines for nitrous the hard way.

I remember a few times looking behind me wondering where you went. :D From a dead stop you got me on a short run, but i blame that n a crap track, thats no longer a issue this year. :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features

Back