• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hard starting 800 e tech

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
This fall I bought a new 2012 Summit SP 800 E tech the sled has progressed through the break in mode and now runs like a top. Problem, it starts easy when cold but can be a bear when it's hot and occasionally will back fire through the muffler. my older sleds start easly with a partial pull on the rope. Not this guy. I may add it is completly stock.

I've done the search thing and read all that I can on the problem with no answers. Has anyone else experianced anything like this? I know all about warranty ect just wondering if anyone has come across the same problem so I had some idea what I may be dealing with.

Thanks in advance.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
This is a common problem with all ETECs.. Your reeds are frayed... Install new reeds and your issues will go away//

This fall I bought a new 2012 Summit SP 800 E tech the sled has progressed through the break in mode and now runs like a top. Problem, it starts easy when cold but can be a bear when it's hot and occasionally will back fire through the muffler. my older sleds start easly with a partial pull on the rope. Not this guy. I may add it is completly stock.

I've done the search thing and read all that I can on the problem with no answers. Has anyone else experianced anything like this? I know all about warranty ect just wondering if anyone has come across the same problem so I had some idea what I may be dealing with.

Thanks in advance.

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
No, the thing runs real crisp just hard to start when it's warm. It's headed for the dealer later this week. I explained the symptmoms to him and he was all over it, weather or not it gets fixed is debatable.

thanks for the input.

Premium Features