• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

gun? can anyone help

cubby

Premium Member
I just bought a savage model 99c in 22-250. I love these guns and really the only reason I bought it is because I have a sister to it in .243 only with the blonde wood instead of the darker stock. The .243 was my dads and he gave it to me for my first deer rifle back in 1989, and he had it years before that. Anyways my question is can anyone tell me from the serial # what age the 22-250 is? I have looked a few places and come up with the C in the serial number means it's from 1951. But my concerns there are to my knowledge they didn't chamber the model 99's in 22-250 till the seventy's. So mybe the barrel has been changed? It also does not have the counter on the side and is a cartridge loader instead of a rotorary magizine which kinda points to a .308 but I don't know, so any help would be great. The gun in a savage model 99c series A serial # C437848 :yo:

Most gun manufacturers have historical department.

(413) 642-4260 for Historical Information for Savage Arms

Premium Features

Back