• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gripper skis on Viper mtx

T

tar

Nov 26, 2007
Sumas WA
Yep the polaris gripper ski will fit, I used the Polaris bolt and Polaris rubber bumper.
On the bottom of the yamaha spindle the is a "casting rib" sand that smooth and they will go right on.
Nice ski for the viper.

Tar

Reactions: flajjpan
T

tar

Nov 26, 2007
Sumas WA
My bolt was too short. I didn't want to cut up the rubber or the skis so if I didn't like them I could switch back.
The Polaris rubber bumper is only 6 or 7 bucks.

Tar

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Here are some pics from when I mounted mine. I used the stock rubber pads and cut off some of the "knubs".
The shims where made out of a composite material that I had laying around. I used shims to tighten up the ski so that they have approximately the shame amount of tension as the stock ski. Also so that the skies hang slightly tips up when the sled is in the air (same as the stock skies).

Modified and stock Proclimb mounts.jpg Modified Gripper saddle.jpg composite shim size.jpg shims in place.jpg Upper composite shims.jpg Stock Gripper saddle.jpg XF7000 with Gripper skis installed.jpg

Last edited:
F
Dec 3, 2007
Sweden
Thanks for answering my question. :face-icon-small-hap
How does gripper skis feel compares to AC skis?
I think AC skis is a kind of joke on a mountain sled.

Hope you understand my horrible english. :)

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Thanks for answering my question. :face-icon-small-hap
How does gripper skis feel compares to AC skis?
I think AC skis is a kind of joke on a mountain sled.

Hope you understand my horrible english. :)

I only rode the sled a couple of times with the stock skies. I had Grippers on my Nytro and liked how they worked on that sled.
The Grippers are not as aggressive as the stock ski. However they do have good floatation due to the wider width and seem to be a good overall general purpose ski for mountain riding.

Premium Features