• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Grand Mesa Storm

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Woke to about 20" of perfect Colorado Powder today on the Mesa and it is still snowing and blowing like crazy. Huge winds all night, drifts should be huge in the backcountry. It looks like an all day snow storm today. The Mesa is perfect right now. Snow cat is gonna get a workout today. Time to move snow!

Last edited:
Looks like my measurement was a little off at 20". Closer to 2' of perfect powder, and it is still snowing like crazy. If you truly LUV THE SNOW, you would be here now. Sorry Chad, couldn't help myself. Webcam is up and running, check it out @ thundermountainlodge.net.

Dang 2' of freshies on the mesa would be worth the drive !If you could get there from here . Today that might be a tough one. Red MTN pass with heavy snow and high wind = closed .

We are over 30"'s for the day and still snowing like crazy. At one time I had over 6"'s in an hour. This is perfect snow. Highway will be closed at 4pm and won't reopen until noon tomorrow.
:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Another 2" overnight. Total of 40" out of this storm. Dave, what should I put in for a primary spring? Mine is broken and not interested in putting a stock one back in. Seems like the stock one engages way to low.

Mine is broken and not interested in putting a stock one back in. Seems like the stock one engages way to low.

did ya get that figured out Mark,

i bet one of the TMR's could loan ya a 'special spring' and you could try it...

then again, why are you clutching a sled that is obsolete and for sale??

looks like da CREW is heading up there tomorrow, see ya then.

Can't give it away so Corp hooked me up with Dermas to clutch and make it perform like a CAT! We'll see tomorrow. Got to admit the guy is fast as far as service is concerned, only had the sled a day. Another 8" today, the back country is over the bars deep.

Can't give it away so Corp hooked me up with Dermas to clutch and make it perform like a CAT! We'll see tomorrow. Got to admit the guy is fast as far as service is concerned, only had the sled a day. Another 8" today, the back country is over the bars deep.

:devil:Durmas: You want it to perform like a Cat?:face-icon-small-con well........ OK!!!!!!

Probably added more preload to the primary

and then broke your handlebars.
:face-icon-small-ton

Last edited:
OW, you get the Doo back together? Want a job on Sunday, need one more guide. If I get a Cat, I'm not gonna let you ride it, I want my bars straight, you are just to strong!

:devil:Durmas: You want it to perform like a Cat?:face-icon-small-con well........ OK!!!!!!

Probably added more preload to the primary

and then broke your handlebars.
:face-icon-small-ton

Waiting on UPS. Parts should be here this afternoon. Looks like i'm headed to Kremmling tomorrow morning and probably wont be back until Sunday. How you looking for Monday/Tuesday???

edit parts are here. Off to the garage.

parts parade here too

423009_166080546842514_100003217106366_232807_268788340_n.jpg

BLING BLING BLING!!!! those pipes sure are pretty:hail:

Done!!!!! Papa Smurf has two new huffers. Couple of heat cycles in the driveway and it's ready to go!:rockon:

Premium Features

Back