• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Grand Mesa 1-18-11

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
3 of us from SD rode the mesa for the first time this week. Because I have read about TML here so much, we first went to TML first to unload, but no one one was around. Roscoes was closed, and the lot was empty.

So, we went back to Grand Mesa Lodge and Mike and his wife were both there. They let us unload there and Mike told us exactly were to find good snow without land mines. The snow was awesome, untracked, and over the bumper/hood almost all afternoon. We had a stuck fest till we were just plain sick of it. Then we just trailed the loop back to SP east to GML. All 3 sleds rode back into GML lot low on gas and UNDAMAGED!

Beautiful country, and awesome snow!

A HUGE thanks to Mike and his wife at Grand Mesa Lodge. Great people, and it turns out great prices on their cabins.

Next time up we will definately stay with them!

IMG_7869.jpg IMG_7873.jpg IMG_7874.jpg erk.jpg IMG_7881.jpg IMG_7884.jpg

Last edited:
S

Spike38

Dec 11, 2007
Indian Hills
Grand Mesa

X2 on Grand Mesa Lodge. We have been saying up there for years on our treks to the Mesa. Mike and Rose just purchased the lodge this summer and we meet the first time over Christmas. Great people took us in like family, we had a great time. Great place to stay and you ride out from your room. Give them a try,they have gas Non eythenol, Cabins have full kitchens and you can even take your pooch(If it will Behave). Can't wait for our next trip.

R

roscoe1208

Feb 8, 2011
Sorry I missed you up here.
I hope that Mike and Rose told you that I would come and cook for ya?

They actually called me that day, I came up that night and cooked salmon dinner for a couple of cross country skiers from Greely.

Hope you understand why we had to shut down with the lack of snow and people up here?
Get ahold of me the next time you are up here and i'll make sure you get taken care of.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Sorry I missed you up here.
I hope that Mike and Rose told you that I would come and cook for ya?

They actually called me that day, I came up that night and cooked salmon dinner for a couple of cross country skiers from Greely.

Hope you understand why we had to shut down with the lack of snow and people up here?
Get ahold of me the next time you are up here and i'll make sure you get taken care of.

Hi Roscoe,
yes, they told us that you were gonna be cooking that evening for the skiers. We were actually in GML with the skiers when Rose called you. That is great service for sure to come cook dinner for only 2 people!

However, we were on a tight schedule. We had to pick up a sled in Grand Jct, after riding that day, then up to Heeney Co. to get another sled, all before checking into the Allington in Kremmling that night!

Next time, we will be staying in a cabin at GML and letting you do the cooking for us!

R

roscoe1208

Feb 8, 2011
Thanks for understanding. But the next time you are in town I'm sure I will be here, if it keeps snowing like this!!!!! Dumping up here on the Mesa. I have a couple in here now that say 6" - 8" FRESH. I haven't been out side to measure , but it is lookin good. Lookin forward serving ya soon. Billy

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
X2 on Grand Mesa Lodge. We have been saying up there for years on our treks to the Mesa. Mike and Rose just purchased the lodge this summer and we meet the first time over Christmas. Great people took us in like family, we had a great time. Great place to stay and you ride out from your room. Give them a try,they have gas Non eythenol, Cabins have full kitchens and you can even take your pooch(If it will Behave). Can't wait for our next trip.

X3 on Grand Mesa Lodge, they even have race gas mix at great prices.

Premium Features