• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Grand Lake suggestions Please!

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Going to pick up a friend who lives in Grand Lake and take him out for a ride Saturday. He hasn't been on a sled since he quit drag racing about 25 years ago, and I want him to see how sleds have changed. I don't know the GL area and trail system, and would appreciate any suggestions.

Until a demo ride in January (went to Gravel), I had not ridden GL since about 1986, myself. I was mostly lost all day from the time we left the parking lot on the Stillwater road until we got to the mountain base.

Thanks for any ideas about where to park, and ride.

As is the case for the entire state, the snow in GL is 'diminished' thanks to the unseasonably warm weather combined with the lack of any significant snowfall in the last month. The Town Trail is essentially 'closed' so your best access to the Trail System is the Idelglen parking area (about 6-7 miles outside of town) which is completely thawed-out and transforms into a mud pit midday when the temperature rises with the sun. Once you get out of Idelglen, the trails are 'rideable' but beware of over-heating because of the lack of fresh snow. The trails are well marked with a map posted at each major intersection with a 'You are Here' arrow.

Hope this helps. Good luck! Pray for snow!!

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Thanks, GLMntnAPEX. Yep, snow is not good in our area. Rabbit Ears was prettty firm last week, expect GL to be the same. Snowdances needed.

Premium Features