• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gooseneck conversion for a bumper-pull trailer

Steep&DeepRider

Premium Member
Has anyone done this?
Does anyone have plans/schematics for this?
Interested in fabricating one of these for my 30'X7'enclosed haulmark to reduce sway. The trailer pulls easy, just trying to improve handling and reduce sway.
I have seen pictures of this on the internet and a few diagrams but that is it. Anyone that can lead me forward, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Probably easier to run an equalizer hitch for the sway. It's funny that that trailer would sway. Seems like the 7 wides are pretty stable. I always think the gooseneck conversions that I see look kind of hokey. Has it swayed since new? Maybe you have an axle out of alignment.

Probably easier to run an equalizer hitch for the sway. It's funny that that trailer would sway. Seems like the 7 wides are pretty stable. I always think the gooseneck conversions that I see look kind of hokey. Has it swayed since new? Maybe you have an axle out of alignment.

I've seen the conversions, they never look right. JMHO.

really?

2049935330065587787jvJVsQ_fs-1.jpg

2436899470065587787LwEEaR_fs.jpg

Ok now get your A$$ out to Iowa and do that to my 35 foot charmac. Only problem is it is all aluminum. Can you handle that.

Nice job.

I have been thinking about doing this for a couple years, but haven't taken the time......yet

I doubt it will look that nice if i ever do get around to it.

Cool, I like that.

How long has it been done, any drawback's after doing it.

First Cut must have been interesting.

Ok now get your A$$ out to Iowa and do that to my 35 foot charmac. Only problem is it is all aluminum. Can you handle that.

Nice job.

I have been thinking about doing this for a couple years, but haven't taken the time......yet

I doubt it will look that nice if i ever do get around to it.

aluminum is not a problem, i have a powermig 300 set up with a push pull gun to mig aluminum.....it the Iowa part that dosent work.

Cool, I like that.

How long has it been done, any drawback's after doing it.

First Cut must have been interesting.

isnt the first thing ive modified, the first cut is always a bit interesting!

it been 2 years now and i havent had any issues with it. the storage area is nice for housing the generator and needed items like jumper cables, tire chains, ect.
it was a huge improvement in how the trailer handles. no sway control or weight control bars or whatever is going to make a bumper pull handle like a goose. having the weight 6 inches in front of the rear axle, just works so much better then 4~5 feet behind it.
now it does have a longer wheelbase (pivot point/ball to axles) so you do have to swing out more for corners but it a small price to pay. the plus side is when making a tight turn like a u-turn at the end of a sled parking lot, you can jacknife the trailer past 90 degrees, long past when a bumper pull will re-design your rear bumper for you.

would you be able to take some more pictures of that? id like to be able to see where the cuts u made and how everything ties together to the gooseneck. Ive been trying to figure out how to do this to an open four place trailer. This might just be the ticket. If you could send them to shawn2820@gmail.com. Thanks a bunch.

More picture please that looks very very nice. I what the same thing to my trailer i have most of the parts just need a few more pictures Thanks..

Premium Features

Back