• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Global Cooling is upon us !!!!

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
So how are going top get the rest of the world to go along with this "consumption tax" ... you are not going to get the world to go along.

Stop worrying about the rest of the world.....

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
It doesn't styme research, especially if the money gathered is given right back into research. Since alternatives are to be p referenced, you open up new markets for goods and services that were not their to begin with.

What a load of chit. The money ISN'T put back into research. If it was, we would be putting BILLIONs into research. You don't "open" up new markets, you kill existing markets and leave people with no choice but to deal with outragous costs to get what you need.

That is why the don't choose the winners,
Oh really? Liberals choose the winners EVERY DAY!. If you donate to liberals you win (UAW) if you don't you lose (oil companies). That is the problem with liberals, they tell you who the winners are and you will go along with it OR ELSE. Can you say, Joe the plumber.

The market and individuals choose the winners, the way it should be. You don't force them, they have a choice.

They have a choice?!?! Are you kidding me? Did I have a choice to bail out GM and Chrysler? The market and individuals decided GM and Chrysler should shut down, liberals decided they were winners and gave them BILLIONS to prove it.

You are talking about quickly making changes. I am not, you slowly make changes / shifts. Easier on the economy and allows for business to more easily prosper.

that statement says it all. You just admited you take away peoples choices and force them to change. Who decides what is easy for business?

Watch out for big bad govt, be scared, very scared.... :beer;

yes, BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!
We already fought one civil war to get rid of big government control and it looks like we should prob. do it again.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
yes, BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!
We already fought one civil war to get rid of big government control and it looks like we should prob. do it again.

Only one of your paragraphs had anything to do with what I am talking about. :eek:

History has shown that new markets do get created.

Should have stated "They shouldn't chose the winners" I was talking about my "Plan" ... ruffy plan #2155. Don't ask what the other 2155 plans were about.:p

You don't take away people choice. You let them make the choice. Pay more now and less later or pay less now and more from everyone later. They make the decision and always will and should in a market. You just make the choices you don't want them to make less desirable.

Look at alcohol and juice. One is taxed higher then the other... why? Don't they call it a sin tax?

Lots and lots and lots of money is given from the government for research and development. Lots and lots, and even more at the university level. The money does go back, maybe not one to one, but some does. Under plan #2155 it all would.. lol

Last edited:
O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Only one of your paragraphs had anything to do with what I am talking about. :eek:

Actually, every paragraph was a direct rebutal to what you said. You just didn't like the corner you were in.

History has shown that new markets do get created.

correct, and to date, I have never seen a tax create anything.

Should have stated "They shouldn't chose the winners" I was talking about my "Plan" ... ruffy plan #2155. Don't ask what the other 2155 plans were about.:p

Correct, they shouldn't. They do every day, but they shouldn't

You don't take away people choice. You let them make the choice. Pay more now and less later or pay less now and more from everyone later. They make the decision and always will and should in a market. You just make the choices you don't want them to make less desirable.

Again, BS. You do take away peoples choice. They impose taxes to artifically raise the cost of something they don't like so it is cheaper to buy what they do like.

Look at alcohol and juice. One is taxed higher then the other... why? Don't they call it a sin tax?

Who decides what is a sin? I hate grape juice, so they should tax it more than milk, that I do like. Same exact thing.

Lots and lots and lots of money is given from the government for research and development. Lots and lots, and even more at the university level. The money does go back, maybe not one to one, but some does. Under plan #2155 it all would.. lol

Lots and lots, but NOT ALL of the taxes they collect go to wher they say it is.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Stop worrying about the rest of the world.....

Ha Ha Ha ... who do you work for ???

I worked for a large global company for 15 years and was replaced by a computer terminal and some people in India making 1/10 the pay.

The world competition is much closer for me than you know.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
everything in moderation... ;)

Anyone that thinks they know what the earth is going to do in the future is just ignorant. We have no clue at all. We humans know very little about anything at all.. to think we can understand a system that is the world and the universe, is well, too much.

This is not 100% accurate. The earth , moon , sun , and solar system have cycles and with enough computation, modeling with accurate data you can get pretty accurate to predict things.

The beginning of this article says if the sun emits less energy the earth will get colder. If the Sun emits more energy the earth will get warmer.

Seems the northern hemisphere is colder than normal .... hmmm. Can this be a correlation to any event like .... THE AMOUNT OF SUN SPOTS.

The sun is over 99% of this solar systems mass and the earth gets much of its surface heat from the sun. That is a true scientific fact. Plus the detailed study of the various influences of the sun are less than 30 years old.

I believe in science not political science. This political science methodology of saying stuff enough to make it seem true ... the chanting of global warming crisis might be true but earth science does not support it. Time will only tell but I suspect there might be unintended consequences ... both good and bad.

But I hope this global warming scare tactic goes with the other political science jokes of our time ... like the earth being flat, the moon is made of cheese, breaking the sound barrier will cause your blood to boil, if man was meant to fly he would have wings, zero gravity will cause you to die and so on.

Last edited:
E
Nov 26, 2007
Covington, WA
Ruffy,

So based on your stupid theroy that if we tax the chit out of gas we will be forced to develop new technologys, we should be expecting some serious "new" thech from Eroupe right?

They pay twice what we do for gas and have for years so I'm sure we can expect something from them any time now. LOL!

You are a fool if you think for a second this will work. You brought up the sin tax, what have they done with all of that extra tax money? New technology? Some new way to save drunks from killing them selfs, rehab centers? a new non adictive type of alchohol? It's called the general fund!

I love how eloquently nieve you Obama sheeple can be. It just amazes me how you can be so smart but so clueless. Eric

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Ruffy,

So based on your stupid theroy that if we tax the chit out of gas we will be forced to develop new technologys, we should be expecting some serious "new" thech from Eroupe right?

They pay twice what we do for gas and have for years so I'm sure we can expect something from them any time now. LOL!

You are a fool if you think for a second this will work. You brought up the sin tax, what have they done with all of that extra tax money? New technology? Some new way to save drunks from killing them selfs, rehab centers? a new non adictive type of alchohol? It's called the general fund!

I love how eloquently nieve you Obama sheeple can be. It just amazes me how you can be so smart but so clueless. Eric

Who said tax the crap out of gas? New tech from Europe, how about all the kick ars clean diesels? BMW, Mercedes, VW... America has crap for diesels. The diesel in my liberty is Italian, in the GC it is a Mercedes motor..... Where is Bosch from? You know, the people that make most fuel injection systems..... Half the cars over their are deisels, they get lots better gas milage from their vehicles, and they have cooler motorcycles I have always wanted a TDM900.. :(, but that is another point..

Oh, and how about public transportation, bullet trains... yes nothing is created. Nothing at all. How about you go to another country and take a look around. You might learn something.;)

How about where most of the wind turbines and solar panels come from? You mean we don't build all of them here?.... Yes no markets created, no jobs created..

As to sin tax, it is a method of discouraging use. Increase prices, sell less... to a point it works. Yes the money goes into gen funds... or does it go to supporting AA programs and others?

Non-addictive type of alcohol? They have created something similar.. they are called mormons. :p

Last edited:

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
This is not 100% accurate. The earth , moon , sun , and solar system have cycles and with enough computation, modeling with accurate data you can get pretty accurate to predict things.

The beginning of this article says if the sun emits less energy the earth will get colder. If the Sun emits more energy the earth will get warmer.

Seems the northern hemisphere is colder than normal .... hmmm. Can this be a correlation to any event like .... THE AMOUNT OF SUN SPOTS.

The sun is over 99% of this solar systems mass and the earth gets much of its surface heat from the sun. That is a true scientific fact. Plus the detailed study of the various influences of the sun are less than 30 years old.

I completely agree with this idea. I don't know why people don't think that the one thing that makes life possible on earth (the sun) can't be responsible for changes in the earth. From what I have seen, the correlations are pretty close too. Maybe I was a little to harsh in the amount of stuff we don't know...

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Listen everybody ... name calling is not a good thing.

We need to educate people so they understand our lifestyle does no harm to ther earth or people.

IN FACT our lifestyle helps the earth and people.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I completely agree with this idea. I don't know why people don't think that the one thing that makes life possible on earth (the sun) can't be responsible for changes in the earth. From what I have seen, the correlations are pretty close too. Maybe I was a little to harsh in the amount of stuff we don't know...

There is always that 5% outside the normal distribution that throws the data off ... especially with the political spectrum but all in all computer modeling is advancing very fast over the advent of the decreased cost for processing power.

E
Nov 26, 2007
Covington, WA
Who said tax the crap out of gas? New tech from Europe, how about all the kick ars clean diesels? BMW, Mercedes, VW... America has crap for diesels. The diesel in my liberty is Italian, in the GC it is a Mercedes motor..... Where is Bosch from? You know, the people that make most fuel injection systems..... Half the cars over their are deisels, they get lots better gas milage from their vehicles, and they have cooler motorcycles I have always wanted a TDM900.. :(, but that is another point..

I'll agree on the diesel technology even though there nothing new about burning fossel fuels, it will be nice when we have some better technology here with more options. Fuel injection has done very little to increase milage as of yet here in America. Cars built in the 90's with carbs do just as well.

Oh, and how about public transportation, bullet trains... yes nothing is created. Nothing at all. How about you go to another country and take a look around. You might learn something.;)

Bullit trains have really taken off here, lol! Travel, I come from and airline family and have been around.

How about where most of the wind turbines and solar panels come from? You mean we don't build all of them here?.... Yes no markets created, no jobs created..

Wind technology is a joke and has created more coal fired plants, not less, it's worthless when it comes to decreasing carbon output.http://pugwashwindfarm.blogspot.com/2009/04/wind-power-is-complete-disaster.html

As to sin tax, it is a method of discouraging use. Increase prices, sell less... to a point it works. Yes the money goes into gen funds... or does it go to supporting AA programs and others?

Non-addictive type of alcohol? They have created something similar.. they are called mormons. :p

Mormons - LMAO!!!!! Eric

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Mormons - LMAO!!!!! Eric

Bullet trains and high speed public transportation have taken off in Europe.. and pretty much everywhere else except for here.

As to you comment about MPG and Fuel injection, low prices for fuel, and Americas thirst for more power are to blame. While MPG didn't change, emissions were greatly reduced and power output greatly increased while keeping similar MPG. Yes, no change at all... Do some engine research. Fuel Injection has made a lot of changes, just the buy has wanted those changes to be more power for a while.

As to the article... lots of BS and bad conclusions...

So what was the load growth during that time? What was the amount of wind generation as a percentage of coal plants during that time?

What CO2 numbers are they talking about? All sources, or just electricity generation sources... can't assume there...

Lots of studies have been done here that 15 % penetration of renewables represents no significant change in the grid. It can handle it, right now. Hawaii has been running much much higher for a while too.

As to the new generation required... why? The wind displaces generation that would be on-line, making it off-line, so the extra back up generation is already there.

Like the article states though, govt shouldn't pick winners. They should narrow the field or pick the losers and let the markets decide the winners. I am completely against the incentives for wind and solar power. The developers get rich, the manufactures get rich, and the utilities get screwed. I have seen it many times.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
High speed trains haven't taken off in the U.S. because of the size of the project and the absolute sheer cost.
OH WAIT!
I bet we could have put a huge dent in building one with 787 BILLION dollars.

most european countries are smaller than a couple of our states so building a rail system is much simpler. Think of the cost of building bridges to cross all the roads and highways across this country.

(wow, this thread took a left turn)

Premium Features