• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

G4 850 Injector/TPS Wire Failure

D
I’m having the same problem.

HOW DO I GET AT THE BOOST INJECTORS?

What do I have to remove to get at them? I have the hood off but that’s not enough. Pardon my ignorance. I just bought this sled used and it threw the code on my first ride. 😡

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Everybody gets a prize but what did you google search?IMG_0288.jpeg

Last edited:
D
Never mind. 🙄 I looked through the 1000+ page service manual. To get the airbox out you need to remove the jack shaft. That requires special tools and is way more than I want to attempt in my yard.

But I guess since the error code is only for the boost injector I can still ride it as long as I’m smooth on the throttle? Worst case scenario if I do hit the throttle enough to activate the boost injectors then the left one won’t work and I won’t get maximum acceleration?

Taking it to the dealer is not in the budget right now.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
OK I"ll bite some more. If taking it to the dealer is out of your budget, I wouldn't advise to ride it because you could burn the engine down if the injectors aren't working correctly. Take some time, the information is out there!

Jackshaft removal: you don't need special the top gear holder, just open up the entire chain case and remove & reinstall the top gear. Good time to inspect the chain and change the oil anyway.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Once the secondary and jackshaft are out you'll see more of the airbox. There's screw clamps on the throttle bodies and rubber grommets on the tunnel that holds the bottom down.

Premium Features