• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fyi, parting out 09 1000

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I know this isn't classifieds, but I'd rather stuff go to guys I know if possible.

I'm parting my 09 that was in a sled, no chassis, no hood. If you need something, shoot me a PM, hopefully I can help. (got lots of other crap aside from that sled too)

Hey, that said, got a good 09 DD that I'm going to keep the gears from to toss in the new sled, what would be a fair price for a DD without the main gears? (not looking for a buyer, I've got one) Just not sure what people are paying for a DD these days.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
a good usable DD with Gears is about $300 plus shipping

that's what i paid 2 years ago

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'm just now buying the new sled, and the turbo has yet to go on, in utah, so I'm out for at least another weekend I think.

It lost a side, so it has one 19" float & one side of holz arms (I want to fond someone that will sell me a side, or I need to sell these)

It has C&A skis (XT's I think, they're 7 or 7.5 wide, white) and a set of carbides that I haven't even put on them yet.

Hey, does anyone know if the 2011 M8 runs the 060 or the 046? I've got a few new carlisle belts & definitely like them over a cat, but is there any reason I SHOULD run a 046 on that sled & get rid of my 060 style belts? Seems like all the 8's I see have a 46 on them.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
keeping secondary, dd lite, trackshaft, and the 3 pieces of SWEEET hood!

just pulled the skid today

163085_1746895762036_1528073247_31751232_7809363_n.jpg

Pulled the tape on a few things... rails are F'd, but the suspension is good (inner idler wheel kit stays too)

I forgot, the motor had a RKT 14.1 head too.

I keep running into little mods I forgot about!!

Anybody got an answer/ opinion on the belt btw? I'm gonna be running cutler adj. weights, so the rpm isn't an issue.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
046 on 2011 M8 , where in Utah

I found this little known shop in Orem UT... some dude named Dale???:face-icon-small-win

thanks, I'll see if he has a particular reason to stick with the 046 compared to the carlisles, if I can avoid running a cat belt again I sure will.

Pretty stoked to not be piecing a sled together this year, just writing a check & getting it completely set up the way they recommend, we'll see how it compared to our zolingers sled with the same kind of set up, but an 09.

I've had two people pass on the motor, I was looking for $2200 for the motor with rkt head & ti kit (almost a grand)... I don't feel like removing them, but seems like I might have to... what a pain.

Anybody have any idea how many of the bolts would transfer from the 1000 to the 8? I don't want to pull them & then be sitting on 1/2 a ti kit... what a waste. I know things like recoil & stator bolts should be the same, but what about the primary bolt & the case bolts?

Z

ZRman31

Sep 8, 2008
Negaunee, Mi
Track any good? I would also be interested in the skis, and if you don't need the 060 belts i would take them! shoot me a price

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
They recommend 046 on the m8. The 060 is softer and responds better to the bigger HP sleds(i.e. Turbo) I'd talk to this "dale" character and see what he says.

So u went w/ a m8? I thought it was 141 or bust!?! U shortening it up or u gonna ride a sally long track like the rest of us?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
They recommend 046 on the m8. The 060 is softer and responds better to the bigger HP sleds(i.e. Turbo) I'd talk to this "dale" character and see what he says.

So u went w/ a m8? I thought it was 141 or bust!?! U shortening it up or u gonna ride a sally long track like the rest of us?

WHOA WHOA... easy with the false accusations!!!!!!:mad2:

The 2011 CROSSFIRE 141 LE with PC track is going into the shop today to get the turbo installed. No sally long tracks will be ridden by this guy (unless I can't get there with mine... and have to borrow the wife's sled!)

I'm hopin that this Dale dude has some suggestions!

Still got motor, skis, head, ti, one side of holz suspension.
I REALLY want to find someone that will sell me one or two sides of the holz arms, I like how they work on the hcr/cf for jumping, that extra 1.5" of suspension is a big factor in softening out my pitiful landings!

Premium Features