• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel Delivery

schmidty89

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
Spirit Lake IA
The story starts about four years ago. When I first purchased my IQR it would start hard after riding long enough to warm it up.. Most the time it would start better once it cools off. I didn't think a whole lot about it until the last few years it's been getting harder and harder to start. Runs like a raped ape when she does. The last few years it hasn't gotten much use. Maybe a day or two of short rides. But this year I haven't been able to get it going at all. I normally try to start before I clean the carbs in the fall. And after a good cleaning it will take off. This year no go. From what I can tell there isn't any fuel even getting to the carbs. It will start when fuel is dumbed in the cylinders until it burns it off. I've blew air both ways from the fuel pump. There is nice flow to the tank and to the carb line. Still no fuel after reassembly. Anyone had issues with the fuel pump in the past, I was told they aren't normally an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I
Nov 26, 2007
The diaphragm in the pump could have a tear in it. Could be a hole in the signal line going to the pump.

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
The Line in the Tank Has come apart .. or cracked in tank...

It Over Due... Need a New line in the tank pick up line..

Also.. Id be checking ur Reeds... Sounds like u have a few weak ones.. maybe a missing pedal also.

Time to Dig in!

Premium Features