• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front shock mounting location on 03 RMK skid

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
I have an 03 RMK 144 skid (in a wedge chassis) I was wondering about the mounting locations for the front shock. It has what I assume is a stock shock, the spring isn't adjustable. It's set at the top position. Can it be put in the lower position with this shock or is that for a different shock? I was reading the thread on 03 escape suspension setup, and noticed that people were recommending putting the shock in the lower position. I was wondering if I could benefit from this for mountain/deep powder riding?

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Some guys really like the front track shock mounted in the lower forward position. I never tried this on my edge sled but did try it on my Dragon, and hated it. To me it felt like the front end was plowing snow and the weight transfer was not enough to pick up the front end when I needed to. You might like your sled set up this way, it's not hard to do.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
The setup between the Edge and the IQ don't really compare... the IQ is a fairly different beast.

But skis_n_skid you can move it even with the standard shock.

I don't really know what it will do in the wedge chassis though. In the Edge it helps with getting the sled to climb up on top of the snow, keeps it from trenching, but I don't know how that will equate to the suspension in a wedge.

Try it and see if you like it.

sled_guy

Reactions: skis_n_skid
S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
Thanks for the info, as long as I know that the stock shock can be used in either position I'll try it both ways and see what works best. I'm also going to remove the sway bar, so I'll do that first before I start changing anything on the suspension.

Premium Features