• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Friggin' stupid wind!!!

My god. I-80 is the #1 traveled interstate in the country. Its one of the worst winters on record and thats good for us. It has to be really bad in order for them to close it down. Over 1 million dollars is lost for every hour it is closed. The reason its closed is because there are usually so many wrecks on the road that it isn't passable. In return there isn't enought EMS folks to clean up all the wrecks fast enough. In the past month we have set new record for retards cleaned up off the interstate in the Rawlins area alone. I've been on 3 calls already today and over 20 since Friday and the roads have been closed three of those days and are currently closed. Trust me its not us sledders that are a problem. Its truck drivers that think there invinsible. Just pull over and wait a couple hours and you'll prob get through. The HP's in the Rawlins area usually let the sledders through anyhow since they kind of assume we know how to drive on ice. Just go ask them. I like gettin to the hill as much as the next guy, but if I don't come home it prob wasn't worth it.

As for going around the gates not a good idea. And if you do decide to go around you can prob count on an HP goin Rodney King on your *** and have a nice cold cell for the night too. They are some grouchy guys bout now.

Look at the road report before you leave. Especially this year. Be safe out there.

Premium Features

Back