• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fox or raptor shock kits ??

S
Aug 18, 2008
Seattle, WA
I have never bought an aftermarket set of shocks. But after riding the axys assault compared to my stock pro last year, I really want some !! was thinking about just getting the raptors as they are only $580 delivered. how do they compare to the fox float evol r? anybody have experience on the evol 3, evol 3 r, evol qs3-r ?? is it really worth spending $1400 on 3 switch system? would you ever use it? also. is the rebound that important? the evol 3 are only $800. thanks. i am clueless on these products, but stoked on the sled !!! :devil: :face-icon-small-coo
this is for my 2017 summit x 850 165" with 3" lugs

Last edited:
B
Nov 25, 2012
I had raptors on my xm and loved them. I just sent them off to get modified for my new 850 165 3". I'm also trading in my old rear shock and going with the raptor ace kit so I can delete tmotion. They were awesome shocks and worth every penny.

S
Aug 18, 2008
Seattle, WA
thanks for the feedback...

what will you need to do to get rid of the t-motion kit?
did you delete your t-motion on your xm?

i looked on the raptor website, and didnt see any sets for the back yet. but the xm set had a size track of 165 listed.. so i would need to talk to them. how often do you service the raptors? cost? how many miles per year?

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
Definitely the raptors had the fronts on my xm just ordered the rear ace kit sending my fronts back tomorrow to get adjusted to fit the G4

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
Raptors, had the floats they do not compare to the raptors. I have all 4 shocks and ace rear on my T3 and they just flat out work

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I ran Raptors on my turbo Pro and my turbo XM for several seasons. I let myself get talked into running float evols on my T3 last year and regretted it completely. There is no replacement for a good coilover shock, and the Raptors are about as good as you can get IMHO.

Remember, pumps are for hookers, bicycle tires and basketball shoes...

866172fbc7eb358db10210ddfd584fa7.png

PS I ordered the Raptor coilovers for all 4 corners and their ACE coilover conversion kit for my 850 this year. I believe it shipped Friday too!

Last edited:
L
Jun 7, 2013
Iowa
Anyone have any experience with the Fox Zero QS3 shocks vs raptors or exits? I can get a deal on them through my local dealer and was thinking about trying them for the price

530-1202__80305.1476249302.1280.1280.jpg s-l1600.jpg

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Anyone have any experience with the Fox Zero QS3 shocks vs raptors or exits? I can get a deal on them through my local dealer and was thinking about trying them for the price

I'm just installing the QS3 coil overs on my 850 tonight. I had float evol R shocks on the front and in the skid on my XM last year. They save a lot of weight (biggest advantage IMO) and honestly work well when dialed in. The problem for me is that they always need adjusting and there's nothing convenient about a pump in the back country. So, I never seamed to have them set right. Nothing against the product. I think Fox is an awesome company and can't wait to run the coil overs on the skis this year.

Still haven't made up my mind on the skid. I'm leaning towards the Ace kit like many of you because of the quality and ability to lock out t-motion. I used the skinz washers last year. The problem with them is that they wear out. So, you go from locked out t-motion to half locked out back to a worn out washer and t-motion again. Not a good system.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I'm just installing the QS3 coil overs on my 850 tonight. I had float evol R shocks on the front and in the skid on my XM last year. They save a lot of weight (biggest advantage IMO) and honestly work well when dialed in. The problem for me is that they always need adjusting and there's nothing convenient about a pump in the back country. So, I never seamed to have them set right. Nothing against the product. I think Fox is an awesome company and can't wait to run the coil overs on the skis this year.

Still haven't made up my mind on the skid. I'm leaning towards the Ace kit like many of you because of the quality and ability to lock out t-motion. I used the skinz washers last year. The problem with them is that they wear out. So, you go from locked out t-motion to half locked out back to a worn out washer and t-motion again. Not a good system.

I have a dealer friend that is doing the complete QS3 coilover set on his 850. I'm very interested to hear how they perform, please let us know how you like the ski shocks!

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
I just ordered the ACE kit with rear shock. I'm trying to decide if I should buy the center as well. It's $550 more. I have the QS3 coil overs up front and am left with a turd shock in the center skid now. I like going fast on the whoops, but don't know if I really need it for the powder. Do others who run the ACE buy both skid shocks? I don't know many who have run this kit. So, any advice would be much appreciated!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I only adjusted my Fox Evol 1 time last year and put over 1 thousand miles on them. It blows my mind people think they need to be within a 1/4 psi everytime they ride ?

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Going from high altitude to low altitude back home and different air temp, my Fox Qs3's need to be adjusted everytime I go back out west. Sometimes it isn't much but paying $2,600 for shocks I'm gonna have them set right. yeah its not exactly ideal to adjust them in the cold

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
I will be Installing a complete set of Raptor shocks & ACE on my G4 this week, I rode a 13 XM last year with them and was surprised how much better it was than my 13 XM X shocks revalved/ rebuilt for my weight they were much better than before (Stock Valving) I had them done but did not compare to the Raptors.

Last edited:

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
I'm going with Fox 1.5 zero QS3 fronts and Float 3 Evol/ 1.5 zero C rear setup. Was going to wait for Toms Emotion 2, on the rear, but could pass up price Sled Solutions was offering for rear skid $660.

B

beans

Nov 27, 2007
Preston, WA
The big difference is the QS3 switch (lever actuated settings soft/medium/hard). Fox has used this type of switch for many years on mountain bike shocks.

The Zero C (rear track shock) the comes in the kit has Dual Speed Compression and rebound adjustability. It is adjusted the classic way with a clicker.....similar to other Fox kits and shocks from other aftermarket suspension suppliers.

Premium Features