• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flatbed Ramps

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
I bought a 5500 with a 9’ 4” flatbed and now I’m trying to figure out the best way to use a ramp to load. I’ll be loading 2 sleds. Anyone have any good solutions??

Thanks!!

IMG_0205.jpeg67168 (2).jpegIMG_0202.jpegIMG_0201.jpeg

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The best way is to have a secondary, thin, removable deck that sits on top that the ramp slides under and the superclamp anchors can bolt down through. We built this one out of a wrecked trailer. Four pins (1 on each corner) and it comes off and on with one person. We left it 12' long so plenty of landing area and could haul 3 sleds pretty easy.
Hauler2.jpg
Hauler4.jpg

However, based on your other thread you probably don't want to have something you have to take on and off to go between the camper and sled hauler mode. With the tapered rear end of the bed you kinda have to just set the ramp up in the middle with a strap to the receiver hitch, load one and slide it over with the rear end swung extra over, then load the second one. It's not bad and not a problem running them together if you use your head. When I was doing that the ramp would then go under the track of one of the sleds before strapping the rear of the sled down. I recommend making some 2x4 sides that drop into the stake pockets to keep the sleds from going off the side.

I did have a buddy build his side rails with an extension piece that went back to the outside corner of the bed. Then the ramp had something to sit on for being able to use the ramp normally on each side of the truck.

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
Yeah my biggest restriction is I need to be able to pull my gooseneck up to where were staying they put the sleds on the truck from there.

CHarding

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 3, 2019

Caliber makes a couple different ramps that fold down. They are 90" long.

Attachments

• RampPro-2.0_Hero-1200x800.jpg
    RampPro-2.0_Hero-1200x800.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 5
Premium Features