• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride out. Broke some stuff.

jonathanlo

Lifetime Membership
Went out in probably sub-par snow conditions. We were able to go off trail a decent amount and were able to carefully navigate through the trees. I managed to make it through all the trees and ended up hitting a "camouflage" boulder. Bent an A-arm, tore my new coat, and broke some parts of my new helmet. On the way over my handlebars, my leg caught them so it's pretty sore.

As far as performance of the 850, I was really impressed.

IMG_0738.jpgIMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

If new, most credit cards have a 90 day accidental damage loss clause. Might pay to fix/replace your coat and helmet. Glad your sled ran great.

We make the Arm Candy A-arm braces that make the stock A-Arms stronger but not to a point that we have ever seen any bulkhead damage. The A-Arms get beefed up in the narrowest section that is 95% the failure point often even when catching rocks with the ski skags. Sorry to see your loss.

www.sourceinnovations.ca

Carbibes aren’t really useful for us mountain riders. On my XMs we replaced them with just welded bars. You could total a Doo of that era hitting something buried in the snow. $1500 in parts and 20-30hrs of labor to fix. I also did that on my Prolite with the BDX front end. The BDX spindles were so soft.

The ski can be bolted back onto a broken off spindle fyi.

I’ve seen 4 sleds ridden out that way.

MTNSIDE Products--- billet aluminum spindles, one year warranty against breakage (including abuse). I've bent one (HUGE hit) but still rode it out. Stocker would have broken for sure.

Premium Features

Back