• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Factory Polaris turbo ???

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Heck everyone I ride with has switched to skidoo and they have a good chassis. I ride an axys but I think doo has the better engine. This turbo sled will be awesome and definitely raises the bar

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Interesting to finally see a factory turbo two-stroke. Given how many people put kits on their sleds (plus the people who've avoided it for lack of factory support and warranty), there's clearly been demand for years. I kind of assumed there was some overriding emissions reason there hadn't been one from the factory. Now I wonder if that's not the case, or if Doo has just found a way to overcome it. Assuming it's as good a finished product as promised, it's hard to imagine Poo sitting back and watching them sell unless there's something significant holding them back.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I didn't think we would see a factory two stroke turbo for another 3-5 years MINIMUM... here we are.

Polaris won't waste any time now, I bet we see factory boost sometime in the next year. Poo and Can AM got extremely competitive in the HP game in side by sides, and I would guess that's about to happen here. In the meantime Cat has already released their 2021 line up and an 800 is still the flagship model ? ... not a good look for them right now. They better have a new chassis AND big hp powerplant ready for 2022.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Heck everyone I ride with has switched to skidoo and they have a good chassis. I ride an axys but I think doo has the better engine. This turbo sled will be awesome and definitely raises the bar
Saying skidoo has the best chassis is a matter of opinion. Technology wise they are over a decade behind. They keep putting band aids on things to make up for the ancient technology they are using. But to each there own. I bet it wont beat a stock Polaris 850 in the RMSHA circuit, just guessing. I am glad they came out with it so polaris and cat will follow though.

S
Feb 13, 2018
Alberta, Canada
Let’s be realistic here fellas..... 165hp Means this little guy is probably only capable of 3-5psi max. 165 is 165 at 10,000 ft. So is 220 on an 800 or 850 Axys with a boondocker. Price tag on these doos I can only imagine what it will be.... buy your own turbo kit and sled and your probably gonna be coming in somewhat close in price and getting way more power for your bucks. And besides nobody is ever gonna make a real turbo sled with warranty. It just won’t happen.

Good on these guys for leading the pack and putting one out there. Hopefully the followers will put a little more boost into their stabs at the market share.....Then again, a stock power level sled with the sound of a turbo might be a lot of fun too.

I’m biased I like big boost !

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Strange to see a 2020.5 release maybe this way they can say they were first. I for one would like a 144 rmk 850 with about 8 lbs of fun and ride it like a scalded dog.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Boost is 4psi max, pump gas. Price is about $18.6k before taxes and freight/setup. So, probably $20k out the door. Comes with a 1 year warranty.

My '18 Pro 163" was $14k OTD including a Silber at 5lbs pump gas and TRS clutching, but no warranty. And the ridability is light years ahead of Doo.

But that Doo will be awesome for a non-wrencher. Which is basically your average Doo guy, right?

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
I typically install/tune a few turbo kits each year. Have to admit, a 4-5 pound stock pull and go dealer supported pump gas set up seems pretty appealing.

Hoping Doo just felt they needed to beat Polaris to the punch by a couple months. :)

I am as big a Polaris fan boy as any, but let’s not drink too much Kool Aide. The modern Doo freeride chassis are nice machines, and one of the reasons Poo came out with the Khaos.

Last edited:

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Saying skidoo has the best chassis is a matter of opinion. Technology wise they are over a decade behind. They keep putting band aids on things to make up for the ancient technology they are using. But to each there own. I bet it wont beat a stock Polaris 850 in the RMSHA circuit, just guessing. I am glad they came out with it so polaris and cat will follow though.

Never said they had the best chassis, I said they had a good chassis. I still love my 16 axys with mtntk turbo.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I'll never ride a skidoo until they change they're weird ass steering and 1996 mod attack angle but I'm stoked to see this.

Not stoked at 18k stock sleds but this was due.

Can't deny they're pulling polaris and cat around by the nose ring with the motor tech.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Hoping Doo just felt they needed to beat Polaris to the punch by a couple months. :)

That was my first thought when I seen this was a mid season release, they didn't want to risk another manufacture beating them to it in 2 months. Burandt has been begging Polaris for factory boost for years, you know they are working on it. I think Polaris overbuilt the 850 with huge bearings, bigger pins and thicker domes for a reason.

Last edited:

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Interesting bypass intake system. Must have some sort of check valve in the system so it doesn't blow the boost back into the intake. Too bad it doesn't have an optional race gas tune! Be cool to have 180+ hp at sea level option. But this may come later. I also heard them say that it's only a one year deal? Do you think they're just testing the waters?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Interesting for sure but how many guys want to be a guinea pig / lab rat for the first year????

Premium Features