• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

F/S water methonal fail safe kit from AEM

S

sheetwright

Mar 17, 2009
Plainfield Il.
I have up for sale one AEM Meth monitor kit. Only used for 75 miles on my sled. Still have everything will nned to make sure your sled is safe and that flow is there to your kit. Here is what the kit is and does http://www.aemelectronics.com/water-methanol-failsafe-device-1-4-sae-1184

Actively Monitors ENTIRE Flow Curve to Prevent Engine Damage!
Delivers Complete Peace of Mind If Your Water/Methanol System Experiences a Failure

AEM’s Water/Methanol FAILSAFE Device is the most advanced water/methanol failsafe device on the market. It actively monitors the injection system’s ENTIRE flow curve to compensate for failure under ANY condition, allowing you to use your water/methanol system with complete peace of mind. If you have a water/methanol injection system or are considering one, you will not find a more advanced failsafe device on the market than the AEM Water/Methanol FAILSAFE Device.

WHY YOU NEED THIS
Today’s water/methanol injection systems have proven themselves as a viable means for effectively reducing engine inlet air temperatures and suppressing harmful detonation (click here for a video of how water/methanol injection works). This allows enthusiasts to reliably increase boost and advance ignition timing without the need for racing fuel. Despite the proven effectiveness and reliability of water/methanol injection, there exists a potential for engine damage if the water/methanol tank runs dry, if the pump stops working or more commonly if flow volume decreases due to fuel contamination, a clogged nozzle or a leak in the system.

While failsafe devices for water/methanol are not new, competitors’ failsafe systems have limitations that do not allow them to completely protect your engine if the water/methanol injection system stops flowing. Most failsafe devices have settings for high and low range flow parameters, but only monitor flow at a single point. And, without actually calculating volume versus time to establish a flow rate, instead running the system at full blast and using the nozzle’s potential for flow as your established flow rate, it is impossible to know the actual flow of the water/methanol system. Short version: if you think you are flowing 500cc/min and are actually flowing 300cc/min, and you are relying on your failsafe to trigger an alarm at a single reference point using 500cc/min of flow as your reference, then you have created the potential for engine damage.

Other competitors’ failsafe systems use a flow meter to establish water/methanol flow and utilize an external adjustment to trigger an alarm if the system does not detect maximum flow, using a time-delay strategy to compensate for part throttle operation. The problem is, water/methanol flow is rarely zero or maximum flow, and with all of the potential flow rates one can experience, a time delay strategy is not completely failsafe.

WHAT MAKES AEM’S WATER/METHANOL FAILSAFE DEVICE UNIQUE
AEM’s Water/Methanol FAILSAFE Device actively monitors the entire flow curve independent of pressure, continuously collecting flow vs. injection rate data so that any deviation from your established flow curve will trigger an alarm output that can be used to reduce boost or timing, change maps, add fuel, trigger a two-step or perform practically any action you choose to save your engine. It is PC programmable (with USB connectivity) which eliminates the guesswork when setting min/max threshold parameters. It features PC-based software and an auto-scaling flow map that simplifies set up, and has an “Auto Set” feature that will create a baseline configuration. A video showing its ease of set up is on www.aemelectronics.com. And it will work on virtually ANY water/methanol injection system that uses ¼” OD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xIMoH4Y4I6Q

I paid over $260 for this plus shipping. I will take $160 for this shipped to the lower 48 states. That is delivered to your door for $160.00

If you are interested in my Methonal injection kit with the large 1.5 gallon tank also I can cut you a deal for both together. That kit includes the following:

*One snow/Hurricane meth kit programmed by Dave at Hurricane. Right now it kicks in at 7lbs of boost pressure

* All needed hoses, wires, each labeled
* All needed controls, pump, solenoids etc that come with the stage two kit
* A 1.5 gallon Coolmist brand meth tank
* Three sprayer nozzles. One for each injector on the Nytro. Unlike other kits that come with one wide sprayer
* One rear tunnel extension fro a Nytro, with a custom fabricated and painted cover
* One LED rear brake light for the tunnel extension

Best price fro this kit is $345. This kit can be used on other sleds. You would just need to buy an inexpensive bottle, or relocate this bottle to another area

If you buy the meth kit and monitor kit together I would take $470.00 for them shipped to your door. Here are some pictures of the meth kit, tunnel extension. monitor kit, bottle etc. This is a huge savings. The bottle is normally a $100, the kit is around $450, and the monitor is around $260.00 new, and that doesn't include the tunnel extension, light, or extra sprayer nozzle. This overall kit has maybe 200 miles on it. 125 on the trail, and maybe 75 max of testing.

http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedisplay.aspx?pid=Shurtank
http://www.hurricaneperformance.ca/ignitionfuelcontrol.html
http://www.snowperformance.net/view-all-product-gasoline

$(KGrHqV,!p8E9lb5Q31LBPrDBTbdkQ~~60_12.jpg 30-3020_updated.jpg 388048_1718791666233_1731511907_931499_729617162_n.jpg Shurtanklarge.jpg product-large_image-9.jpg 122.jpg

Premium Features