• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EXPO/West Yellowstone - No longer Capital of the West

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
The town was really busy when I started riding there 93 but when they shut the park down it really hurt the town. I have made alot of great friends riding sleds there. Most of them have sold there business's and moved away. I still have a few friends there I try and ride there once a year now. The town needs to get behind the expo and sledders or they will lose it to Jackson.

D

Disco Dan Richter

Nov 27, 2007
Me no snow ta
www.grandgarages.com
Spent a few days in west in Jnauary, 90 percent of the sleds out were rentals. I stopped going to the expo years ago, no fun, no food, bad attitudes.
Funny story though, when I was there a few months ago, I wan sittin in the room when the cleaning gal came in(nice looking too), she did her thing while I watched the tube, she then see's I am sipping crown and has this sad look on here face, so I say..."go ahead, have a toke", so she does! Slams it down I am like whoa! After three more I had to politely tell he she might want to leave before my wife comes in..........
She says.........."that's too bad..........wink wink"
So, not all the folks are bad.

Reactions: Reeb
Expo VS Jackson

OK, I can’t stand it. I must add my two cents about the difference in these two events. Expo and The Jackson Hillclimb. It should be obvious, but here it is in a nut shell. The difference is the same as the difference in the people who organize the event. Marge Wanner VS Heidi Tobin. I won’t talk about Marge, but I will state the facts about Heidi. I can, because I had the privilege of working with her for quite a few years.
Heidi Tobin has the rare combination of being intelligent, organized and diplomatic. Any event who has this type of person in charge can be very successful.
Not to mention, great racers!

Premium Features