• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evolution Powersports Stainless Steel Viper Headers are Complete!

Rightfully So.

That being said I think there are alot of options for the viper. To date I do not know if any aftermarket has offered a NA specific remap for the genesis engine. Personally if I was in the market for viper parts I would get on the bandwagon early if it is a must have because November, December and January is a hard time to get the product built fast enough.
I need to check on this, but..

I think EVOPS has a remap for the ECU for a Normally Aspirated Engine?
Look at Page 71 of their Catalog
https://www.mediafire.com/?sxkumeyc6kg119c

YAMAHA NYTRO PERFORMANCE, SAFETY AND UTILITY ECU REFLASHES:
Evolution Powersports has developed an entire line of ECU ReFlashesthat not only add performance, but have many other safety and utility functions.

2008-2011 Nytrohand warmer fix:
The reason the hand warmers do not work adequately on older Nytro'shas nothing to do with the warmers themselves -the problem resides in the ECU programming and how the hand warmers function. We recalibrate the way the ECU handles the power output to the hand warmers which makes them function more effectively like the newer 2012+ models.Thisflash works on ANY 2008-2011 Nytro

Trail Performance Tune:
This ReFlashis for 91 Octane fuel only and has both revised timing and fueling which adds approximately 6.1 hpwith the stock exhaust and up to 15hp with an aftermarket exhaust and give outstanding throttle response!

Mountain Performance Tune:
This ReFlashis for 91 Octane fuel only and has both revised timing and fueling which adds approximately 6.1 hp with the stock exhaust and up to 15hp with an aftermarket exhaust and give outstanding throttle response! We have added an extra degree of timing over the trail tune to improve power and throttle response at high altitude. For use above 4000’ elevation only.

Safety Flash:
In this software recalibration, the way the ecureads the water temperature sensor is rescaled so that engine protection maps are engaged 20 degF sooner than stock (stock 212F, now 190F). This will also turn on the temp light on the dash sooner. The stock parameters are not sensitive enough to protect the engine while under boost. If the temp light comes on while on boost, it is likely that the engine will be damaged before you can react to protect it. Our software flash will alert the rider and begin to protect the engine by reducing timing to help safeguard against engine damage due to temperature induced detonation caused by high water temperatures. This flash works on ANYNormally Aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged Nytroas long as it utilizes the stock ECU

Reduced Timing Flash: In this software recalibration, we remap the timing tables to curve them for a boosted application. We gradually remove ignition timing as rpm increases to eliminate any engine detonation. Depending on the application, the reduction of ignition timing can lower the fuel octane requirements, allow the engine to safely run higher boost and even eliminate the need to run a head shim. A good rule of thumb is that this calibration allows for 2 to 3 more PSI of boost without further engine modification or fuel octane increase. This flash works on ANY Turbo or Supercharged Nytroas long as it utilizes the stock ECU.

•Safety and Reduced Timing Flash:
This ECU recalibration combines the Safety Flash with the Timing Reduction Flash. See other descriptions for more information

•Our 550 Injector Scaling Flash
allows you to control larger injectors properly so the sled runs identically to a stock sled at all throttle positions but with the added capability to support fueling for 300+ horsepower!! This makes tuning a breeze rather than installing expensive standalones, fuel rail/boost systems, extra injectors, etcYAMAHA

Yes agreed. EVO developed the ecu upgrades that MPI sells but does not work with MPI any longer. MPI will not have access to the remaps that EVO develops or has developed for the Viper I dont beleive.
Not sure what happened to that relationship, but it didn't seem like the two companies were going in the same direction with it.

Probably a loss to both sides.

Premium Features

Back