• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EVOLUTION POWERSPORTS 2015 Snow Catalog Download

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
This is a possibility for me. Kit looks rear nice. I like MPI and MCX. I was thinking of a 270 MCX kit for my new sled. I would do a MPI but they don't make one with enough power for me. One thing I don't like about EVO is 100octane fuel. Please tell me the reason for not using a head shim? How difficult is the install? Of course it depend on the person installing it. I've installed 4 MPI kits. Three superchargers and one turbo with head shim.
Thanks

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
This is a possibility for me. Kit looks rear nice. I like MPI and MCX. I was thinking of a 270 MCX kit for my new sled. I would do a MPI but they don't make one with enough power for me. One thing I don't like about EVO is 100octane fuel. Please tell me the reason for not using a head shim? How difficult is the install? Of course it depend on the person installing it. I've installed 4 MPI kits. Three superchargers and one turbo with head shim.
Thanks

From another post here on Snowest,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropin_tom View Post
OK Matt so the $2000 turbo kit that comes with the viper Le package is capable of hitting 270hp ? Sounds like it needs quite a few upgrades to reach this level of hp, what kinda $$ you thinking here? Just trying to determine whether it is better to go after a full 270hp kit. Thanks for your help

Still working out all of the pricing detail. But the goal is to price it where you can start with the base kit and upgrade as you want without it being a huge amount more then doing it from the beginning. Example if the base kit is $2000 + $3000 for the 270 upgrade kit your total will be $5000 that's $1699 less the other 270 kit. Plus we'll have several upgrades in the middle.

Mountain Performance Inc.

12379 So. 265 W, Unit B Draper, UTAH 84020
Phone: (888) 649-4609
Fax: (801) 816-0463
e-mail: Matt@mountainperformance.com

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Thanks

The reason for not using a head shim is you keep your normally aspirated compression and throttle response. Put a head shim in and loose some of the bottom end throttle response. The head shim also decreases compression on the top end decreasing the chance of detonation while on boost. EVO is able to avoid these issues by manipulating the timing and fuel in the ECU. There does come a point where a decrease in compression is necessary. Depends on what you want your sled for.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I would like to see the kit finished and already tested before spending the money. Also please update website.

From another post here on Snowest,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropin_tom View Post
OK Matt so the $2000 turbo kit that comes with the viper Le package is capable of hitting 270hp ? Sounds like it needs quite a few upgrades to reach this level of hp, what kinda $$ you thinking here? Just trying to determine whether it is better to go after a full 270hp kit. Thanks for your help

Still working out all of the pricing detail. But the goal is to price it where you can start with the base kit and upgrade as you want without it being a huge amount more then doing it from the beginning. Example if the base kit is $2000 + $3000 for the 270 upgrade kit your total will be $5000 that's $1699 less the other 270 kit. Plus we'll have several upgrades in the middle.

Mountain Performance Inc.

12379 So. 265 W, Unit B Draper, UTAH 84020
Phone: (888) 649-4609
Fax: (801) 816-0463
e-mail: Matt@mountainperformance.com

Premium Features