• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Elictrical problem 06 800

revrider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 26, 2003
Randle
Riding today after new bottom and top end and ran great most of the day and then it started to bubber at full throtte. I then noticed that the headlight and speedo/tach didnt work at all. It ran fine in short bursts but when left hammered it would bog down. I check DESS and ECM plugins. Any ideas would be appreciated.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Probably the relay above the secondary, zip-tied above the airbox. Mine did the same thing, pretty common. It's a 3/4" square black relay with 4 prongs, about 2 minutes and $20 to fix. Hopefully that is it.

revrider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 26, 2003
Randle
Yes that is what it was. At least the lights and speedo/tach are working, I'll have to wait until later to see if runs right. Anyway thanks for the help.

B
Nov 26, 2007
What does the relay do? My buddies 06 rev 144 did this and we ended up eventually towing it out. It sat at the dealer 1/4 of winter, all spring and now all summer and he finally just went and picked it up and they say they cant fix it. He has had alot of new stuff put in it and the spark is only every so often. Does anyone have a name or a part number of this peice? Thanks BD

revrider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 26, 2003
Randle
Mine still ran fine from idle up to the mid and then fall right off. Here is some stuff I found here on DooTalk lastnight while I was searching through the forem for information.

[I]Very easy open up the left side panel of the sled and its a square looking plug with a mounting tab on the end of it, right above your secondary in the harness it just unplugs, your best bet is to go to Napa and get a couple of them, Part # AR 201 there about $12 compared to buying a skidoo one for $25.

Well you guys were right - $13.19 @ the local NAPA & we're back in business!! It was Part #AR 272 though - not AR 201. Anyway, it sure beats the s**t out of what the dealers would charge for the repair!! Thanks everybody

AR272
Features & Benefits:N.O. Terminals 30-87 @ 30 Amps; N.C. Terminals 30-87a @ 20 Amps; Coil Terminals 85-86
# of Terminals:5

AR201
Features & Benefits:N.O. Terminals 30-87 @ 50 Amps; N.C. Terminals 30-87a @ 20 Amps; Coil Terminals 85-86
# of Terminals:5

The AR 201 works just fine, have one in my '03 in fact (50 amp rated) but costs more. If you want an exact match to the BRP unit then get AR143 20 amp rated. The AR272 is rated in the middle at 30 amps and priced accordingly. All three will work but I would just buy the cheaper AR143 for spares

Part # 0-332-019-150 for bosch relay
[/I]

I hope this helps

Last edited:
Premium Features