• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Elevation Change

I just moved up here from Idaho and was wondering what I have to do to my 2005 Rev Summit in regards to the elevation change. Any help is greatly appreciated.:beer;

What elevation were you riding in idaho? We use sea level specs here. Go to solid pins and maybe you might need to change the spring depending on whats in there.

I'm guessing you were riding higher elevations than we ride here so you might need to rejet your carbs and make some changes to your clutch setup as cjgodden sggested.

If ski-doos are like cats then they come to the dealer set up for high elevation riding, and the dealer has to re-fit them for our area, so the dealer should know exactly what needs to be done.

Thanks for the information fellas. Greatly appreciated. I did adjust the clutching according to what is written on the clutch cover. Not sure about the jetting though.

I have an 800R and started with 17.5 pilots and i believe 470 mains? Circlip on the middle position. I have 20 pilots now and a 0.010 shim under the circlip. Dont have a lot of time on the new setup but it looks like it might work better.

I have a Holtzman ATACC system for my sled that way I don't have to worry about elevation and temp changes. No need for jetting once it's set

Ok....stupid question but sortof along the Doo lines...

I thought the DPM on the Summit was supposed to compensate the carbs from sea level all the way to something around 8-10k feet? The only thing that was needed to be adjusted was clutch fly weight and springs. How far off base am I?

You are right...kind of! The dpm is alot like an attac. You must establish your base line jetting first. In theory, this should be done at the factory and you are ready to go. We all know that most all the companies set them up rich so you or your dealer will most likely drop a size or two. Once you have done that, then yes, you should have to touch your jetting. That also is assuming that your pilot jets and needles are set to satisfaction as well, but once again, that would be a one time thing when you first get it home.

Premium Features

Back