• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

edge motor mounts?

Need to change motor mounts on my sons 04 rmk 800.Any suggestions?can't seem to get them to turn.Rear mounts are no problem but front ones are giving us trouble.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

if channel locks will not work, weld a nut on the bolt and turn em out with a ratchet or impact. Only takes a few minutes.

Need to change motor mounts on my sons 04 rmk 800.Any suggestions?can't seem to get them to turn.Rear mounts are no problem but front ones are giving us trouble.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

Frt mount have a nut on the under side of chassis. Two plastic plugs you have to pop out to get to.

no need to weld a nut..........just use 2 nuts and the top nut will lock the bottom nut but shouldn't have to do this once you access bottom nut through the belly pan.

2004 edge RMK parts manual says the left and right front motor mounts are different part numbers and it looks like the bottom nut is only on one of the motor mounts. The parts manual also seems to suggest that the left and right front motor mounts install a bit differently with regard to what side is up and what side is down. Dont know if this is true or if its just poor detail in the schematic of the parts manual.....point being to make careful note of which mounts come off which side and make sure you reinstall correctly.

i would go check mine right now in the garage but i have too much chit piled on top of it.

Father and son working on the sled...........that's cool.

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back