• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dura Pro tether

R
Oct 9, 2019
Well after 400 miles or riding with the new magnetic tether this happened. They have already warrantied it but I am curious if anyone else has saw this happen or if I just got a bad one.

CD62224A-6BA0-46D8-B6A4-65E0092B5AE2.jpeg

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Can't quite tell what happened from the pic. Did the orange/gold "cap" from the fixed side let loose and stay in the cap ? Or ?

Approx. 500 miles on mine and all is good.

dktraw

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2009
Halfway OR
My durapro tether did the same thing within first 100 miles. they warrantied it without issue. About 600 miles on new one without issue

R
Oct 9, 2019
Just got back from riding. To all that were wondering the cap that covers the magnet came off. Not sure how or when it happened for sure. It was warrantied without issue just curious to see if others had the same thing happen.

• Love
Reactions: cbassxlt

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Just got back from riding. To all that were wondering the cap that covers the magnet came off. Not sure how or when it happened for sure. It was warrantied without issue just curious to see if others had the same thing happen.
So did you have to hold the tether on with your hand to get back to the truck or how did you repair in the field?

BrapBirk

Lifetime Membership
Aug 8, 2017
Mine did the same thing. I hit up warranty and they sent me a new one right away. It happened to my buddy also. His did it from hitting the tether against things (boot, handlebars, anything hard) to clear the snow out.

Premium Features