• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drop bracket install question

B
May 19, 2009
Upstate, NY
I'm putting in some Timbersled 3 1/4" drop brackets in the rear of my 99 MXZX 440. My question is do I mount them directly in line with the origional bracket meaning the hole is straight below or do I have to move the mounting point forward or back? Thanks from NY :cool:

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
Well first...Its SUMMER. Most nerds on here have better things to do..:) Obviously, I dont...:)

You want to make sure the center to center distance remains the same after the drop. If your just dropping the rear, then you want to install the mount below the stock location. Due to the geometry involved, your hole should be just a bit forward of the stock location. If your doing a setback, then drill your holes while keeping the center to center location.

If you are dropping the rear more than an inch or so, I would recommend dropping the front mount half of the distance. By doing this, you will still be able to use your limiter straps to dial in the suspension.

Joe

Premium Features